Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Love Furniture Profits Tip: Are your 2015 ad plans in place?

Furniture World News Desk on 1/22/2015

By David Love
Love Furniture Profits

Are your advertising/marketing plans in place for this year?

If not, here’s an outline I use with clients that might be helpful for you.

First I plug in all the major holidays.
  • Presidents’ Day
  • Memorial Day
  • 4th of July
  • Labor Day
  • Black Friday
Then Anniversary Sale. If your real anniversary falls near one of the major holidays, you can fudge a little on your anniversary date.

Other promotional opportunities are Winter Clearance. Summer Clearance. Any kind of Clearance. Warehouse Sale. In-store Warehouse sale. Close-out of a line. Adding a new line. One of the biggest mistakes I see furniture advertisers make is failure to capitalize on what’s “new.”

That’s just a few promotional opportunities right off the top of my head. Once you decide on the number of promotions, you can plan the number of mailings to your list. I suggest that my clients do a mailing of a Preview to every major sale so your customer list gets first crack at the bargains.  You can also do a standalone promotion just for your list. When I was a retailer, these mailings never failed to pay off. Most stores under use their list.

Remember, surveys show a client is worth 10 times their initial purchase.

Good luck and here’s to a profitable 2015.

These little weekly articles can only scratch the surface. To find out more, go to www.lovefurnitureprofits.com to download your $97 (but free to you) Special Report. “5 Long Lost Secrets of Scientific Furniture and Mattress Advertising that work like magic in today’s economy to get you more customers, more sales, more profits.” David can be reached at david@lovefurnitureprofits.com. Phone: 803.764.3977.

About David Love and Love Furniture Profits. Love Furniture Profits is an advertising consulting and coaching firm that works with furniture and mattress stores that are frustrated by less than stellar results from their advertising.

David is a 42 year furniture/mattress, in the trenches, industry veteran. His background includes retail furniture sales. Manager of a retail furniture store. 22 years on the road making money for companies like Sealy Mattress and Best Chairs. His territory and his retailers achieved sometimes remarkable sales increases due to the expert advertising and sales advice he gave. He has also owned and sold his own profitable store and was a highly regarded sales manager of a top 100 furniture store.
Advertising That Sells

Articles in Advertising That Sells