Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Love Furniture Profits Tip: Are You Cashing In On All Your Store’s Traffic?

Furniture World News Desk on 5/23/2014

By David Love 

We all know our Guests don’t like to be hounded. They’re all ‘just looking.’ Hopefully the person who greats her at the door will instantly establish a connection and some rapport. But still, in all likelihood, she will want to ‘just look.’

What kind of ‘selling’ goes on while she’s looking? Most stores I see are pretty good at displaying manufacturers’ signing. That’s not because they are particularly good at presenting a sales message, but more likely because the factory supplies them at no cost to the store.

What if your Guest saw selling messages everywhere she looked? What if upon entering your recliner area, she saw a big ‘ad’ for recliners. A big sign extolling the virtues of owning one. Of how she would enjoy relaxing when she gets home from a hard day. And so on.

Let’s say she’s looking for bedroom? What if upon entering your bedroom area, or if you have more of a lifestyle presentation, she sees a bedroom she likes? Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a sign ‘selling’ her on that bedroom?

Signs can tell an interesting and persuasive sales story to those who would otherwise just glance at, and then turn away from your merchandise. They can tell people why you are a desirable store to deal with and they can invite them to act. Selling signs can also give details on a specific item or collection. Sizes, finishes, colors, fabrics, and so on. They can answer questions that all shoppers have.

Lack of in-store signing is one of the most wasted profit opportunities I see. You spend tens of thousands to attract and entice someone to visit your store. Doesn’t it make selling sense to maximize every opportunity to sell that traffic? If you’d like help with this, just let me know.

To find out more, get your free copy ($29, but free to any furniture or mattress store) of his breakthrough Special Report for Furniture and Mattress stores, “5 Long Lost Secrets of Scientific Retail Advertising that work like magic in today’s economy for any furniture or mattress store to get you more customers, more sales, more profits.” Go right now to www.lovefurnitureprofits.com. David can be reached at david@lovefurnitureprofits.com. Phone: 803.764.3977.

Do you have an advertising challenge you’d like me to address? Shoot me an email and I’ll talk about it in a future article.

About David Love and Love Furniture Profits. Love Furniture Profits is an advertising consulting and coaching firm that shows retailers how to get more traffic, more and higher ticket sales and more profits using long-lost scientific advertising secrets unknown by about 99% of all of today’s retailers.

David is a 41 year furniture/mattress, in the trenches, industry veteran. His background includes retail furniture sales. Manager of a retail furniture store. 22 years on the road making money for companies like Sealy Mattress and Best Chairs. His territory and his retailers achieved sometimes remarkable sales increases due to the expert advertising and sales advice he gave. He has also owned and sold his own profitable store and was a highly regarded sales manager of a top 100 furniture store.
Advertising That Sells

Articles in Advertising That Sells