BEDGEAR Elevates Head of Human Capital & Culture and U.S. Sleep Coaches
Furniture World News Desk on
BEDGEAR®, the brand of Performance that provides innovative bedding by focusing on an active lifestyle and well-being, announced two new strategic Sales leaders, elevates the head of Human Capital & Culture and three U.S. Sleep Coaches as well as welcomes Australia’s first Sleep Coach. These calculated moves reinforce BEDGEAR’s commitment to create strong teams both in the United States and Asia-Pacific that support the brand’s vast growth in 2022.
“BEDGEAR is not only a customer-first company that continues to have exponential growth from our global retail partners, especially in Australia, but also hyper-focused on the growth of our employees,” said Ashley Fillinger, who has been elevated to Director of Human Capital & Culture. Joining BEDGEAR in 2014 as a Human Resources Generalist, Fillinger is accountable for all human capital management initiatives, including workforce planning and strategic recruitment, employee engagement, performance management as well as compensation and benefits.
“BEDGEAR is all about providing a work environment that accelerates growth for all its team members,” added Fillinger. “BEDGEAR wants to enrich its team members both personally and professionally and will provide the support and extra push to have them reach new heights and smash new goals. This is why our team members embody the company’s core values: Hungry, Humble, Curious, Clever, Committed and Humanitarian.”
To meet BEDGDEAR’s ambitious goals, the new Sales leaders will work in tandem with our Player Development Specialists and Sleep Coaches to not only ensure they have BEDGEAR’s innovative Performance products but also have their in-store sales associates trained in-depth when they are assisting their own in-store shoppers.
New Sales Leadership Hires:
- Tony Catanza joins BEDGEAR as the Director of Marketing & Sales for the U.S. Southeast territory. Catanza comes to BEDGEAR with extensive mattress industry experience, having Vice President of Sales roles both at Serta and Restonic. With an additional 15-plus years of experience in the health and wellness industry, Catanza’s experience will help develop BEDGEAR’s short- and long-term Sales strategies to achieve the company’s profit goals. Catanza reports to Leslie Clay, Vice President of Marketing & Sales for North America.
- Jonathan Mullinax joins BEDGEAR as the Director of Marketing & Sales for the U.S. West territory. Mullinax comes to BEDGEAR with a wealth of mattress and furniture industry experience. Mullinax has held Vice President of Sales roles at Simmons Bedding Company, America’s Mattress and Hollywood Bed & Spring Manufacturing Co. With his 20 years of specific bedding experience, Mullinax will spearhead BEDGEAR’s short- and long-term Sales strategies to hit the company’s profit goals. Mullinax reports to Leslie Clay, Vice President of Marketing & Sales for North America.
Sleep Coach Elevations:
- Nicole Felix-Coschignano has been elevated to Player Development Specialist and will have specific sales initiatives and sales education responsibilities. A bilingual Spanish speaker, she will be serving the U.S. Southeast and South American territories. Felix-Coschignano has been a dedicated employee of BEDGEAR for almost four years. Joining the company in 2018, Felix-Coschignano served as a Sleep Coach focusing on southern Florida and South America. Felix-Coschignano has a wealth of mattress and furniture experience, overseeing local Mattress Firm and King Mattress stores in southern Florida as well as having key customer service and executive sales roles at Serta and Macy’s. Felix-Coschignano reports to Holly Adorno, director of Player Development.
- Frank Lopez has been elevated to Player Development Specialist and will have specific sales initiatives and sales education responsibilities. A bilingual Spanish speaker, he will be serving the central Florida and spearheading industry-specific events. Lopez has been with BEDGEAR for more than three years. Joining the company in 2019, Lopez served as a Sleep Coach focusing on northern Florida. Lopez has a wealth of mattress experience, being an area manager at Mattress Firm for 10 years and serving as a field sales specialist at Serta Simmons Bedding. Lopez reports to Holly Adorno, director of Player Development.
- Colin Wolf has been elevated to Player Development Specialist and will have specific sales initiatives and sales education responsibilities. He will be serving the U.S. Northeast and Tri-State territories. Wolf has been with BEDGEAR for three years. Joining the company in 2019, Wolf served as a Sleep Coach focusing on the U.S. Northeast territory. Wolf’s mattress experience began with his family-owned furniture business. He also became a key account sales trainer and sales representative at Restonic. Wolf reports to Holly Adorno, director of Player Development.
New Sleep Coach in Australia:
- Jodie Cartwright joins BEDGEAR as one of the first Sleep Coaches for Australia. Cartwright has a beauty and health background, including being a diversional therapist. Besides being a brand champion for BEDGEAR, Cartwright will provide educational seminars to the company’s retail partners in Australia to help drive in-store sales. Cartwright reports to Ross Stuart, BEDGEAR’s President of Asia-Pacific.
Launched in 2009, BEDGEAR is the brand of Performance that provides innovative bedding by focusing on an active lifestyle and well-being. BEDGEAR's sleep solutions are engineered with fabrics that are moisture wicking, instant cooling and maximize airflow to allow the body to naturally regulate its temperature. With a core belief of One Size Does Not Fit All™, BEDGEAR has redefined the way people view sleep by developing interactive in-store experiences and breathable bedding products that are personally fit to a consumer based on specific factors, including body type, sleep position and temperature. BEDGEAR is dedicated to integrating environmental responsibility into product development to ensure less returned goods are being sent to landfills. BEDGEAR is essential to the rest and recovery routines of professional athletes and active people who need to maximize their sleep. A proud manufacturer in the USA, BEDGEAR offers mattresses, pillows, sheets, blankets, pet beds as well as travel, kids and baby products that often feature removable and washable covers to maintain a clean and healthy sleep environment. BEDGEAR is represented in more than 4,000 retail stores across the globe and has earned more than 220 U.S. and worldwide patents, trademark registrations and pending applications. Wake Ready™! Learn more at bedgear.com.