Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Boling Chair Company

I have been offered for sale some dining chairs marked "Boling Chair Co., Siler City, NC" that the seller says are from the 1930s or 40s. Is this age possible given that the new company name, Boling, took over from the High Point Bending Co. in 1956? Was "Boling" ever used prior to 1956?

Posted By Rebecca Bent, 1/24/2005

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From John Gaines, 3/27/2007  8:35 PM

I have a large wood spindle rocking chair from The Boling Chair Company, Siler City, N.C.. It has no screws and is held together with just the tight fitting of the parts. It has a Cherry finish and is well worn, but, in excellent shape for it's age, which I am trying to find out. Also, the value of it. It is handmade! Help me!!

From Em, 1/25/2007  2:37 AM

I have a wood swivel office chair... Mission Style. It has a tag on bottom: Manufactured By Boling Chair Company Siler City, N.C. Patern No. 7110 Chair Finish - Walnut.
Any info you can give me?
Thanks,
Emily

From Barb, 11/12/2006  3:20 PM

I have a bedroom rocker, mahogany finish, with tag marked Boling Chair Co., Siler City., NC chair 267-w, on under side. Can anyone tell me the date and cost of this chair? Barb

From Ronda, 9/19/2006  12:06 PM

I have what i call a ladder back chair with a tag under neath that says it is chair number 182 and was built my boling in siler city. I was hoping someone could tell me how old the chair might be. thanks

From Johnny, 2/14/2005  2:23 PM

The Boling name has been around since 1904 --Captain Malvo Jackson Boling started the company along with a German designer. I have personally seen chairs that were 70 years old. Boling was a great name for Quality and service until the mid 90's when things started to drift away.
johnny

From Guest, 1/24/2005  9:35 AM

I can't find a mention of it in a 1941 directory issue of FURNITURE WORLD Magazine. I don't imagine that it would affect the value of the chairs in any way. -Russell