Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Davis Cabinet Company

Hello, Does anyone have experience to find out the value of a Davis Cabinet Company dining room set, prob. circa 1950/1960. I have a sideboard/silver cabinet, china/curio cabinet & dining room table with 6 chairs & 2 arm chairs. I would like to seel these as I am moving to a much smaller place, but do not know how to price these. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! -j

Posted By JK, 10/2/2004

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From mckinneyd@windstream.net, 7/24/2012  9:09 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet Commemorative Cherry Blanket Chest for sale you can contact me at mckinneyd@windstream.net for pictures.  I am located in KY.  I also have the Cherry TV Cabinet for sale.

From JK, 8/13/2011  4:29 PM

I have two Davis Cabinet Company Lillian Russell Commode night tables #2342 and one four drawer chest #2321 in the collector's cherry finish that I would like to sell. If you are interested please email me and I will send you pictures. They are in excellent condition. These are located in KY. Please email me at mckinneyd@windstream.net if interested.

From JK, 8/12/2011  11:07 AM

I have a beautiful Davis Cabinet dining room set including large oval table with 2 leaves, 4 side chairs and one armed chair, 2-Piece China Cabinet w/4 Glass & Wire Doors and custom table pads. Condition is pristine.
All reasonable offers considered...buyer would need to arrange pick-up or shipping from St. Charles, MO...Many pictures available and I am happy to answer any questions...if interested in purchasing please contact me at 913-268-7064.

Trisha

From JK, 7/31/2011  10:35 AM

I have two Davis Cabinet Company Lillian Russell Commode night tables #2342 and one four drawer chest #2321 in the collector's cherry finish that I would like to sell. If you are interested please email me and I will send you pictures. They are in excellent condition. These are located in KY.

From JK, 7/12/2011  9:32 PM

Davis cabinet company 3 piece bedroom set in OLD WORLD WHITE

I have a partial bedroom set in old world oak that I am days away from stripping the paint and white washing it to turn into shabby chic but would hate to do it if someone would like the set. I have a 71" dresser stock number 502(6 drawers with a small cabinet in the middle and 3 small drawers)stamped jan 66', one night table stock number 579 with jan 66' date stamp, and one full size headboard with date stamp july 64'. All 3 have Davis Company logo and both the night table and dresser have original cloth davis cabinet company label. They are in excellent condition, headboard has small chip.

Email me if you are interested in buying: snugglebear26@aol.com

Thanks much!

From linda vickers, 5/30/2011  7:35 PM

Would you still have the shaving mirror and if so would you consider selling it by itself. How much are you asking for it?

From Fay, 4/28/2011  3:37 PM

I will get this right in a minute, the 7 piece Collectors Cherry 7 piece Bedroom set was built in 1947 by the Davis Cabinet Co. in Nashville TN and is the Cumberland Valley style.

From Fay, 4/27/2011  2:31 PM

Sorry, I forgot my phone number

931-684-3648

Shelbyvile, TN

From Fay, 4/27/2011  2:29 PM

I have a Collectors Cherry 7 piece bedroom set that includes:
Double Bed
4 Drawer Chest
Dresser with oval mirror and glove boxes
Dresser Bench
Two   -   Drop Leaf Night Tables
Gentleman's Shaving Mirror with drawer

From Liz, 4/21/2011  10:44 PM

Lillian Russell chest with boxes on topic chest, cherry please.
I live in grand rapids Michigan
Thanks Liz 616-206-3366 grand

From Bernice Wasell, 3/6/2011  11:55 PM

Forgot Phone # 678-458-0465

From Bernice Wassell, 3/6/2011  11:51 PM

Liquidating parents estate- Located in Oxnard Calif. We have Davis Cabinet Co Craftsmen Solid Wood Bedroom furniture made in 1968. It is a lite Pickled finish. Vanity with 2 drawers, Chair with Rattan back; Large Oval Mirror; 3 Night Stands with drawer on bottom and lower shelf; Round swivel stool; King head Board and bed frame. Very Good Condition will send pictures.

From steve, 1/17/2011  7:27 PM

have 3 piece oak davis cabinet bed room set vanity with bench and mirror,night stand and dresser with mirror circa 1945 for sale will e-mail pics, text only 1-920-252-3287

From Berin Jackson, 1/13/2011  8:11 PM

Davis Cabinet Co. Lillian Russell 1946 7 pc Bedroom Suite

For Sale Davis Cabinet Co. Lillian Russell 1946 7 pc Bedroom Suite made of Solid American Wild Cherry
Made in Nashville TN dated Dec 12 1946 Has paper Davis Cabinet Co. tag on back of most pieces
Chest of Drawers 46 x 37 1/2 x 21 includes jewelry box and small mirror (separate pieces)
Vanity 30 1/4 x 49 1/2 x 20 1/2 missing mirror; top needs to be refinished
Lyre Night Stand 28 x 17 x 14 top needs to be refinished
Full size bed head board 65 x 56 1/2 and foot board 56 1/2 x 56 1/2
side rails are damaged and in need or repair.
located near chicago email me bgjacks@yahoo.com

From Cody, 12/21/2010  5:08 PM

Looking for a Davis Cabinet Lillian Russell Lingerie Chest in cherry. If anyone has one for sale please respond to cody.stovall23@gmail.com

From Carlotta Fortner, 12/17/2010  2:44 PM

Need a match for my Lilliam Russell nightstand on the second one very badly of the #0265 solid cherry. Sorry, I forgot to put in my e-address. Thank you so very much. Or left message to this phone # 270-575-9690, thank you so very much again. cpf467640cef@copper.net

From Carlotta Fortner, 12/17/2010  2:33 PM

My mother pick out a original Lillian Russell bedroom set but she didn't get the second nightstand as the bedroom was small. I would like to have the second nightstand go with the set. I wonder if that's someway I can have the match of the 1965, #0265,nightstand on the second one. I need it badly to go with the set. Please let me know where can I find one of the original Lillian Russell nightstand. Thanks you so very much.
Mrs. Carlotta Fortner

From Ray Price, 11/22/2010  12:03 PM

I have a 1958 wicker walnut bedroom set #486 I have 2 night stands dressers that connects by a drop down vanity w/mirror and stool.I'm looking for a bed to go with it,or if anyone has any info on what it is worth please call me at 270-703-6901.

From S.J. Lindley, 11/5/2010  2:40 PM

I have a dining room table Stock #661 Serial # 1068906-2 with the buffet #652 in vintage cherry w/ 4 matching ladder back w/ cane seats and 2 arm chairs to match. I also have a Cumberland Valley bedroom set w/ 2 end tables, one drop leaf w/ dresser and mirror w/ double glove box. Does anyone have any information on these pieces? If so, please email me @ lindleysj@aol.com

From Hugh, 10/27/2010  5:27 PM

Lillian Russell or Cumberland Valley night stands needed as gifts for family members. Cherry finish please. Cell number is 770-842-3338. E mail is hmdjanm@bellsouth.net

From Fay, 10/8/2010  12:22 PM

I have a beautiful 7 piece Cumberland Valley Bedroom Set for sale. Manufactured in 1941 by Davis Cabinet Company in Nashville TN. The collection includes: Standard Poster Bed, Dresser and Mirror with Double Glove Box, Dresser Bench, 4 Drawer Chest, Two Drop Leaf Night Tables, Gentleman's Shaving Mirror
Made of solid American Cherry and is in excellent condition.
EMail me at womblefc@bellsouth.net

From Alicia Morris, 9/29/2010  7:13 PM

Seeking a Davis king size bed. Prefer Lillian Russell but will consider Cumberland Valley. ali@wk.net

From marilyn, 9/15/2010  7:16 PM

sorry i forgot it is made by Davis Cabinet Company, color is antique brune

From marilyn, 9/15/2010  7:13 PM

we have a 1953 solid white ash twin bedroom suit with 2 beds, dresser, chest,nightstand and mirror if anyone is interested e-mail me at nmh9496@hotmail.com or call 336-425-7566. we live in lexington north carolina, would like to know approx. value.

From Julia, 9/15/2010  9:16 AM

I have for sale a beautiful Davis Cabinet Dining Room Suite in Old World White. This set is soon to be homeless due to a massive downsize. Set is in nearly pristine condition which consist of Table (41.5 x 66"), 3 - 20" Leaf Inserts, Full Set of Table Pads, 5 Side Chairs, 1 Captain's Chair, 2-Piece China Cabinet w/4 Glass & Wire Doors, and Server w/Fold Out Expansion Top. This is an incredible set...when fully expanded table is 126" (10' 6")! Set is located in Hendersonville, Tennessee. All reasonable offers considered...buyer would need to arrange pick-up or shipping...Many pictures available and I am happy to answer any questions...if interested in purchasing please contact me at then-again@bellsouth.net

From john, 9/7/2010  3:30 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet Co. Nashville, Tenn. pickled ash dinng set bougth new in 1972 mint condition table 4 reg chairs 2 captains chairs, buffet and china cabinet base and top all solid wood and looks unused!!! also have pickled ash bedroom set with 2 nightstands and Chiffrobe also in mit condition. Located in west Ky all for SALE AT A REASONABLE PRICE. 270 703 0910

From Hugh, 9/7/2010  11:33 AM

Lillian Russell or Cumberland Valley night stands needed as gifts for family members. Cherry finish please. Cell number is 770-842-3338. E mail is hmdjanm@bellsouth.net

From Darrell, 9/2/2010  6:31 PM

Davis Cabinet Windsor Walnut Bench
Call Darrell 770 776 6198
Posting For Sale

From Darrell Simpson, 9/2/2010  6:29 PM

I purchased a Davis Cainet Windsor Walnut ench today, I'm trying to find out if I should refinish it or just try and clean it up and replace the cushion.
Bench is about 14 inches high and about 20 inches wide with wide feet and spindals in the middle. I just thought it was a nice old peice and picked it up. If anyone is interested in buying it I really have no problem selling it 770 776 6198 Darrell

From Emily, 8/14/2010  4:27 PM

I went to an estate sale today and bought a Davis Cabinet Co. Chambord Walnut finish mirror. Stock 477. It is about 3ft x 4ft. It does not have an exact date on it, but it does have the original tag, which says "the mirror was manufactured by the Carolina Mirror Corp. and is guaranteed by them against silvering and defects until 1965." So, it had to have been made pre 1965.

If anyone has any information about this mirror or its value, please let me know!

From Gam, 8/8/2010  5:18 PM

I have 415 powder table with orig. label, finished antique brune but marked out and labeled champord walnut. Can someone tell me the year it was made and maybe a sell price. Its in great cond. email gam47@msn.com

From S. Phillips, 8/3/2010  2:38 PM

I have a 5-drawer chest from Davis Cabinet Co. dated Aug. 15, 1949. The Model # is 305 and the finish is Patina Blanc. Not sure what that finish is exactly because it's a light green color. It's made of Solid Appalachian Birch. Wondering if anyone could tell me what it's worth or if anyone is interested in it. Email me at cinnybear2@gmail.com.

From Dave P, 7/15/2010  8:53 AM

Sorry, per my post, if you can help, my email address is rytedave@yahoo.com. Thanks.

From Dave P, 7/15/2010  8:51 AM

I have bedroom furniture, inherited from my great grandmother. She purchased it from Jarvis Estes Furniture in Lansing, MI in 1937 according to the tag. It consists of vanity, mirror, single bench seat, 5 drawer highboy dresser and double bed. All Walnut. Stock # 132. The vanity needs a little refinishing and the top to the bench seat is loose, but otherwise it is in very good order. Will be looking to sell it as my twins are starting college soon. Any idea about its worth or best ways to attract potential buyers in Tennessee, where I understand Davis furniture is highly regarded?

From R. Bates, 7/10/2010  8:27 PM

16 Pieces of Davis Cabinet cherry furniture.

Most of our items are Cumberland Valley.
Here is an idea of what we have:
65th Anniversay Commode with Davis hanging mirror
70th Anniversary Blanket Chest
75th Anniversary Collection Chest
Cumberland Valley Desk with Davis chair
Cumberland Valley Chest
Davis Cheval Mirror
Cumberland Valley Commode Table
Cumberland Valley Queen Size Sleigh Bed
Cumberland Valley Door Chest
Cumberland Valley Dresser
Cumberland Valley Drop Leap Table
Ellesdale Entertainment Cabinet
Cumberland Valley Lingerie Chest
Cumberland Valley King Size Post Bed

The items that were flooded survived rather well and the damage that was caused should be easily refinished by an experienced wood worker. Damaged items are priced so that a profit can be made after restoration at going prices.

Email for a list of pieces, condition, and pricing at bates@comcast.net

From jody, 6/21/2010  8:12 PM

i have a pickled ash dining room set,3 leafs,sideboard, large china cabinet w/glass doors and chicken wire, country french. stock no 8354,serial #5-73486   #3
i bought this around 1975 in n.y.
would anyone have any idea what this is worth??would appreciate any infor.
thanks, jody

From Michael, 6/21/2010  6:30 PM

Hi. I just bought a used Davis Cabinet Company "burnished cherry" server with the old cloth label (I checked the company site, which has photos of all of their furniture labels through the years). I paid $300 for the server, which is in excellent condition. I'm wondering if any of you Davis experts think I paid the appropriate price? Doesn't really matter, since I love the piece, but was just wondering. Thanks. :)

From Pam, 6/12/2010  11:08 AM

I'm looking for a Davis Cabinet Co. pickled ash (light)
china base and china top # 88320 and 88321. Can reply to pamjwalt@verizon.net

From Jason P, 6/1/2010  8:34 PM

I have a matching dresser set made by Davis Cabinet COmpany first there is a Chest on Chest dresser 186-map.s.beech made dec 20 1944 next is a dresser base 185-map.s.beech made nov 24 1944. Both are in excellent condition would like to know an approximate value. Can reply to jandm@swiowa.net thanks for any help

From Linda Vickers, 5/24/2010  12:43 PM

Would love to find a Lillian russell cherry blanket chest in good condition. thanks for any help

From Meredith Tamposi, 5/18/2010  4:18 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet Co. desk stamped 306 CREOLE TAN TOILET TABLE. It has the original Davis Cabinet paper label. Any information about the desk would be appreciated. Thank you, mltamposi@gmail.com

From Sherry Nunley, 4/29/2010  9:48 AM

I have a beautiful Davis Cabinet Co., Lillian Russell entertainment cabinet. It is in excellent condition & has the Davis Cabinet Co. metal tag in the drawer. I no longer have room for this beautiful piece,if interested please contact me via Email @ ronnunley@yahoo.com.

From Debbie, 4/18/2010  9:12 PM

I would like to sell a Davis Cabinet style 2366 desk base, style 2367 desk top and style 2360 side chair all in collectors cherry. These items are in excellent shape. email at mckinneyd@windstream.net for pictures. Any help in pricing these items would also be greatly apprciated.

Thaks

From judy, 4/4/2010  6:38 PM

I am looking for Davis Cabinet Company Lillian Russell twin beds in cherry. If anyone has one or two in good shape and would like to sell, please email me: cheathamj@greensborocollege.edu

thanks.

From Cody, 3/31/2010  7:23 PM

I am looking for a Davis cabinet Lillian Russell Lyre Nightstand and Lingerie Chest in Collectors Cherry. If anyone has either of these pieces in good shape they would like to sell email me at cstoval2@uthsc.edu

From Sherrie Robinson, 3/30/2010  8:59 AM

I have a 3 piece bedroom suit made by Davis Cabinet that was my grandmother's. The back of the furniture states that it is "Burnished Cherry". I have a full bed, nightstand, and dresser w/mirror. Bed and nightstand are in good condition and dresser has a couple of marks on the top. I can't find any information on the internet about this specific bedroom suit and I need to sell it since we are moving. Please contact me at sherbrobinson@aol.com if interested or have any information on this type of bedroom suit.

From Bonnie Bartlette, 3/7/2010  10:40 PM

I forgot to tell you that it is made by the Davis Cabinet Company in Nashville, Tn

From Bonnie Bartlette, 3/7/2010  10:37 PM

I've got this desk but it isn't called that. It's called a toilet table base. It's got a sticker on the bottom with a number 206. It needs refinishing as it is pretty well marked up on top, but does anyone know what the value would be as I'd like to sell it. The wood is Walnut and the drawers are made of beech wood. It has a drawer in the middle and 2 on each side.

Thanks to anyone that can help me.
I can't find anything on the internet

From Sophie, 1/8/2010  12:30 PM

I have a Pickled Ash dining room set from Davis Cabinet. Stock #8332. It's composed of a table with 2 additional panels (insert in middle of the table) with 6 side chairs and 2 arm chairs. Inherited through my husband's parents. Need to sell. Please contact me philo987@yahoo.ca.

From Tanya, 11/22/2009  2:06 PM

Want to sell one nightstand (485) - Wicker Walnut, Davis Cabinet Company. Sacramento area. Please email tanya@teamflores.com

From Breana, 10/8/2009  4:18 PM

I have a lillian russell collection bedroom set that I am looking to sell. The headboard/footboard will accommodate a full or queen size mattress. The date on the inside of the dresser says Feb. 12, 1940 something. It is solid wood. There is need to restore it, but it has been in our family since the 40's. I hate to get rid of it, but we just found out that we are expecting twins and we no longer will have room for it. I have listed my contact information below. Any help with getting this sold as quickly as possible would be wonderful. I have pictures of all the pieces if you would like to see them for your self. I would like to keep the set together, but will sell pieces if I need to.
bvia@oakgrove.k12.mo.us

From Steve D, 10/3/2009  9:58 AM

I have a Davis Cabinet Co. Bedroom set for sale that my grandfather purchased when he came to MN from Sweden back in the 1950's. I am not sure of the date but the condition is good. There is a standard sized bed frame, long dresser with attached mirror, and tall dresser. I have no idea what the value is and need to sell because we are moving soon. E-mail me if you would like pictures or have questions.
dilste99@gmail.com. Located in Minnesota.

From Eunice, 9/14/2009  2:10 PM

I have a Davis table I am interested in selling....
                           Hgt   18"
                           wide 26"
                           deep 14"
     paper tag says "Stock No 225
                       Finish   Knotty Pine

Davis Cabinet Co
                       Nashville, Tennessee"

It has a drawer with a toggle pull.

I would be interested in selling this.

From David, 8/31/2009  8:41 PM

I have two lillian Russell poster beds, two chest of drawers, two lyre night stands, one dresser with mirror and two jewelery boxes, and one full size vanity dresser with mirror. Any idea of the value?

From Forrest, 8/31/2009  7:50 PM

I have a Davis #359 Dresser Base (Provincial Walnut) made April 27th 1951. It has solid beech drawers and is in good condition except for some deep scratches across the top on one side. I am curious as to its value and wish to sell it. Thanks, Forrest

From angela, 8/8/2009  4:00 PM

I purchased a dresser (Davis) that has 9 drawers think its french provincial. Year? walnut on inside and on back says brenton walnut (inside # 0962 stamped) The drawers all have curves to them. Inside the drawers are dividers down the middle of some of them. Is this a dresser or diningroom frniture? It is a very solid piece. I want to know what I have. 843-241-0171 or angelah_1981@yahoo.com

From Harven, 8/4/2009  1:09 AM

I have a Diavis Cabinet Company Lillian Russell Bedroom Set made in 1951. Has been in a wonderful home with no children-great condition. Solid cherry. Double poster bed, double dresser with boxes and mirror, chest of drawers with boxes, pr. of lyre night stands, desk with shelf addition on top. Closing an estate and must sell. Interested buyers may contact me at harven2s@juno.com

From Rich, 7/25/2009  11:45 AM

I have a Davis Cabinet Company "Old World"-style China Base (model #1250) with China Top (#1251). I haven't been able to nail down the year of manufacture, but am guessing it's 1960s. Using the Davis website condition guidelines, I'd have to say it is in "excellent" condition. Any information on value would be appreciated, and any interested buyers are welcome to contact me at rich.matherne@chick-fil-a.com. Thank you.

From Dawn, 7/17/2009  4:30 PM

Hello there. I came across this site while researching a piece of furniture I have. I'm wondering what it is worth. It is called, I believe, a Butler's Table. The top comes off, leaving the base to set it back on, and the sides fold up and form handles. It's walnut and BEAUTIFUL. On the bottom it says it's on of 5 designs, but I can't find anything on it? I always get asked about it and have no info on it. Does anyone happen to know anything about this?? The number on the bottom is966? I see lots and lots of bedroom furniture and dining sets asked about on here...
Thanks for any info!

From Norm, 7/13/2009  2:19 AM

My parents owned a Davis Cabinet Co. walnut dining set, which included an oval table (queen anne legs), with two leaves, two arm chairs and 4 side chairs, all with cane backs. China cabinet is also walnut, arched top. I am having the set shipped to me in Salt Lake City. Any information on its value would be appreciated.

From Pam, 7/10/2009  10:11 AM

I'm looking for a Davis Cabinet Co.(TN) china closet (base and top). I purchased the oblong dining room table, eight chairs and server around 1974. The stain is bisque and the wood is pickled (white) ash. The style is Country French called Rouen II. The china base and top I am looking for each have two doors. I live in NY. Please contact me if you have any information.

From Pat, 7/8/2009  10:11 PM

I just aquired a Davis Cab.Co. piece.
On the underside of the cabinet: 1952 Server
Tawny cherry. I brought it home to use as a bar. Previous owners must have broken a large bottle of booze in the cabinet because their is some
"water" damage on the front base trim. I was planning on repairing the damage, until I found this site. Can anyone tell me more about this unit?

From Tanya in Roseville, 6/30/2009  12:29 PM

I have one nightstand #485, Wicker Walnut from Davis Cabinet Company. Curious on value?

From Judy, 6/29/2009  12:03 PM

I would like to purchase a carolyn walker chest made be davis cabinet company in the 1950's. Please contact me at ajudycurtis@aol.com if you have one for sale. Thanks.

From Sue, 6/22/2009  6:51 PM

I have a vanity from Davis Cabinet Company made of aged mahogany, needs refinishing (according to their web site standards). #367 from 1949. Moving and need to sell. I am in Chicago. Any inquiries- sebchicago@yahoo.com

From Cindy, 6/22/2009  4:20 PM

I have a vanity with mirror and bench. The stock # is 102. I can't read the finish information. Looks like cherry. Does anyone know what the stock numbers mean? Do they relate to a style or a year? I can't find anything on the internet that looks like this piece. Feel free to email me at cyager1@hotmail.com.

From Connie Jamison, 6/18/2009  8:51 PM

I am looking for a Davis Cabinet Cumberland Valley dresser and night stand. I already have the bed and chest to match. Please email me at jamison3@att.net or feel free to call 270-472-0750. Thanks

From Jessica Whalen, 6/7/2009  6:37 PM

Davis Cabinet Company bedroom set: 1 FULL BED (headboard/footboard), 1 Dresser w/ Glove Boxes and Mirror, 1 TALL Dresser and 1 expandable night stand. For pictures contact me.
We are selling the entire set for $3,500. Please call me (904) 866-0586 or email Jessica@TheWhalenTeam.com
My husband inherited the set from his late grandmother and to our knowledge she was the only owner. We are also selling various other items including a china hutch, we are assuming is also made by Davis Cabinet Company but we have not yet set a price.

From Judy Taylor, 6/3/2009  4:22 PM

I am looking for a Davis Cabinet Lillian Russell night table in cherry, either the lyre or commode style. If anysone has or knows of someone who might have one or two for sale please email me at judytaylor777@yahoo.com or feel free to call 423 591-1616. Thanks.

From Suzanne, 4/5/2009  9:53 PM

I have for sale a cherry Lillian Russell Bedroom suite consistng of full size bed, dresser with mirror and boxes, chest with boxes, lyre type nightstand and three drawer nightstand. Late 1940's production and in very good to excellent condition. One owner. Will take $3500 for all 5 pieces. Located in Southwest Virginia. Email jsmorris3@verizon.net for more information.

From steve, 3/14/2009  9:41 AM

I have a Davis Cabinet Co Dining room table for sale.
Adriano Cherry wood
Stock # 1131
Serial # 0566480
with 1 leaf and 5 chairs

From Emily, 3/4/2009  10:11 AM

I have a collector's cherry Cumberland Valley queen bedroom suite, which includes the four post queen bed, chest of drawers, vanity with mirror and nightstand. $5000 OBO - located in Nashville TN - this set is in mint condition - was in my grandmother's guest bedroom for over 30 years. I love this set, but unfortunately don't have the space for it. Email me at emily@emilylowe.net for pictures and more information! Long live Davis Cabinetry Co!

From linda vickers, 3/2/2009  4:18 PM

Would like to have a Cumberland Valley shaving mirror or Lillian Russell shaving mirror. Thank you for any replies

From Susan Lewis, 2/22/2009  5:59 PM

Please add to above Huntley furniture by Thomasville. My e-mail is slx3@sbcglobal.net

From Susan Lewis, 2/22/2009  5:55 PM

I have a 8 piece girls bedroom set, stamped Huntley furniture by Thomasville. My parents bought it in the 60's for my sister. It is French Provential, color yellow with off white trim, the top edges have spindles, the desk fronts have flowers. It was a very popular pattern during the time. It has an lg armore, desk with chair, nightstand, 2 side by side 2 piece hutches ( one top has doors, the other is an open bookshelf; the bottoms have 3 drawers). All in great condition.    Will consider any good offers. I live i the Dallas/Ft worth area.

From Erich, 2/19/2009  6:36 PM

I'm wondering if the 3 digit numbers are the style/ model.

For example, I have a 417 triple dresser and would like to find additional pieces.

Should I be looking for 417 nightstands, or is each style a different 3 different number, such as the 415 nightstands?

Thanks for any help

From chuckp, 2/19/2009  12:12 PM

After investigating further I realized the night stand was #415 and I understand now that they didn't make king size headboards back in 1957. Anyway, still looking for a night stand. Thanks.

From chuck p, 2/18/2009  9:31 PM

We have a Davis bedroom set #418 in Patina Blanc. I'd like to find a second night stand. I was also curious if they made a king size headboard in this style. Any help would be appreciated.

From trish, 2/6/2009  2:26 PM

have a davis cabinet twin bed, dentil molding, solid walnut no. 466 or 468, spindle footboard, would like another.

From Mark Bates, 2/3/2009  8:32 PM

My e-mail address is: winterperson@yahoo.com on the Lillian Russell Twin bed.

From Mark Bates, 2/3/2009  8:31 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet Company Lillian Russell solid aged walnut twin bed that I no longer use. I am asking $1000.00 OBO, it is in beautiful condition and I can e-mail pics upon request. Thanks.

From Alice, 2/3/2009  4:59 PM

Looking for Davis Queen Anne dining chairs in Mahogany to go w/ ones I have. Please email me if you have any for sale. Thanks.

From trish, 2/2/2009  2:47 PM

have a walnut twin bed, spindle footboard and dentil molding on the headboard, solid wood. not sure of the what the no. is but is Davis Cabinet and it is old. are there folks looking for just a twin?

From deborah hardin, 2/1/2009  12:31 AM

we have just inherited a pair on lillian russell cherry twin beds. i would like to know the value of these. i am also interested in finding a pair on nght stands,amoire, or dresser.e-mail me at deb67@hughers.net or call me a 662-223-6610.
thank you so much for any info!!!

From Leah, 1/30/2009  5:08 PM

I just bought a Davis Cabinet Company #417 Triple Dresser, the back sticker says Patina Blanc finish. The dresser has since been painted but is otherwise in excellent condition, I have the mirror that came with it as well. I knew nothing about Davis Cabinet Company before this but can anyone tell me what type of wood this is or approximate value if any (even though it has been painted). Thanks, any info is appreciated!

From Linda, 1/28/2009  5:56 PM

We are moving to a smaller place and have 2 matching Davis Cabinet Company Amoire's / Dresser / chest..

They are date stamped Feb 1953 Model 427 ROBE Paper label is attached to back of each one. Made of Solid American Walnut
They are in excellent condition have been in the family 56 years..grovelakes@gmail.com

From Bob Kmiec, 1/22/2009  4:37 PM

We are downsizing and our Davis Cabinet Company bedroom suite is too large.

The set consists of a "350 Nighttable", "350 Chest", "350 Dresser Base" with mirror, "350 Bed 4/6" in "Vellum Oak" finish. Davis Cabinet Company paper labels are affixed and pieces are date stamped with January/February 1950.

Does anyone have an idea of what it is worth and is anyone interested in purchasing?

From david, 1/4/2009  11:54 AM

I HAVE A 1957 DAVIS CABINET BUNCHING COMMODE, 3 DRAWER THAT HAS ORIGINAL HARDWARE AND HAS ALREADY BEEN STRIPPED, LOOKING FOR HELP IN REFINISHING OR FINDING A BUYER

From Judy Taylor, 12/28/2008  5:10 PM

I am looking for a Davis Cabinet Lillian Russell night table in cherry, either the lyre or commode style. If anysone has or knows of someone who might have one or two for sale please email me at judytaylor777@yahoo.com or feel free to call 423 837-7100.

From A Morris, 12/18/2008  2:42 PM

My error earlier in our bedroom suite. My husband says it's from the 60s, not the 40s. Senior moment.

From Shirley Lefort, 11/26/2008  12:41 PM

I live in Oxfordshire England and have a Davis Cabinet Queen Anne style dining suite, to include:- an oval pedestal table with three leaves, a china cabinet in two parts with a light inside and two carvers and four chairs. These were purchased in Tennessee approximately 1970 and are in pristine condition. I am interested in selling them as I am moving to a smaller property.

If anyone has any connections in England or interested in buying and shipping from the UK I would like to hear from you.

I am researching the price with Davis Cabinet.

From A Morris, 11/16/2008  5:02 PM

We have a 1940s burnished cherry Davis bedroom suite for sale. Includes dresser with mirror, chest and nightstand. The bed is spool type. Very good condition. ali@wk.net.

From Lorraine, 11/9/2008  10:59 PM

Looking to buy Davis Cabinet CUmberland Valley bedroom
pieces.....please email lorraine.karl@comcast.net

From Jessica, 11/3/2008  5:40 PM

I would like to sell a set I inherited. I emailed Mr. Davis at DCC and he does not have records that go back as far as the furniture I have. The low serial numbers apparently indicate early production. The set consists of 2 twin bed frames with slats and sideboards; a vanity (or dressing table) with a matching (but non-attached) mirror (stock #176) and bench seat. They are made in what I would call a simple french design. If anyone is interested I have photos to email, and am in Nashville, TN. Thanks!

From Amy, 10/28/2008  5:29 PM

I forgot to put my email for the above post for the 9 piece walnut suite....a.babakian@comcast.net

From Amy, 10/28/2008  5:27 PM

I have a 9 piece Davis Cabinet Co king bedroom suite consisting of King bed, 2 nightstands, triple dresser, small chest, desk w/chair, small 2 door cabinet and small chair table..this is a large set that is in mint condition.stamped antique walnut 419...belonged to grandparents purchased around 1970 so was probably produced in 1960's...I was told it was worth between $9000-$10,000 but I am no expert..I will entertain any reasonable offers...I am located in Hendersonville, TN

From Amanda, 10/25/2008  10:36 PM

I failed to incl. my address in prev message: meddaugh@nc.rr.com

From Susan, 12/17/2007  9:48 PM

Does anyone know anything about a company named MM and AJ Wheeler of Nashville, TN - now out of business? I have 2 twin spindle beds that look much like Davis Cabinet furniture. They are old, but I can't find anything on that manufacturer. The beds appear to be cherry with a very dark stain, 4 poster. Any information would be helpful.
Thanks! email susanm100@kc.rr.com Overland Park, KS

From katie, 12/6/2007  11:39 AM

this is an add on to my other question.
the year on the furniture is 1972.
i have a vanity dresser, tall dresser, and two end tables.
they are all a matching set.

From Lucy, 11/18/2007  11:48 AM

Hi, I also have a Davis Cabinet Co. dinning room set. I'm not selling it but sometimes wonder what it's worth now. We bought it 35 years ago for $20,000 at a discount furniture place and waited six months for it to be made. I think it's worth a lot, but don't know either. One time I bought a large antique mirror and when the store owner came to deliver it, he noticed my Davis dinning set and wanted to buy it really bad. I didn't want to sell it so we didn't talk price, but it got me excited about owning it. What does your set look like? Do you know the pattern name? It was nice seeing your question on the web site. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lucy

From Guest, 11/16/2007  8:21 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet solid cherry dining room table and a china buffet that were my grandparents. I also have 6 antique chairs that were always used with it although I do not believe they are Davis. We are in Atlanta and moving to Houston soon so I am looking to sell them.

If you are interested please call me at 404-963-2953

Thanks

Stephen

From luis, 11/14/2007  1:29 AM

I have purchased some furniture made by Davis cabinet co. I have a dining room set, table six chairs two leefs tea table also a bedroom set I think its burne finish probably around 1950 to 1960 anyone interested please email me at lscatanho@yahoo.com

From chris salt, 11/12/2007  8:38 PM

I bought an old house that contained some Davis walnut furniture, a chest on chest flemming walnut 636
2 flemming walnut night stands 636
bed stock 635
Triple dresser walnut 636 all in nice condition. I have no idea about the styles we think its all around 1960's

I would love to find out more about these pieces as I am from the UK. Please help Thanks

From KIM, 11/11/2007  8:29 PM

WE ARE LOOKING TO BUY A LILLIAN RUSSELL BEDROOM SUITE. IF ANY ONE KNOWS OF ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS SO MUCH. KIM     CKJMB@BELLSOUTH.NET

From Mike, 11/4/2007  1:34 AM

I have a Davis Cabinet Co. Lillian Russel dresser and mirror made of Oak that has a finish that's been distressed (gouged)and has black brush flecks,all done by hand. The color and appearance are original from the 60's and are spectacular. I am wondering about value, and would be interested in finding a buffet or hutch with a similar finish.

From J T Holloway, 10/20/2007  9:21 PM

I have a DCC "Lillian Russell" cherry tripple drawer dresser for sale. Said dresser was damaged (left front leg cracked)in delivery, and can be repaired for about $400. Dresser is still in packing box. Asking $500.

From Jay Poole, 10/16/2007  1:33 PM

e-mail for above: jpoole689@mac.com

From Jay Poole, 10/16/2007  1:27 PM

WANTED TO BUY: Davis Cabinet Company bedside table, stock #486, circa 1959. Very modern and minimalist looking. Have one, would love to have the match. Willing to pay top dollar for the right item. Thanks!

From Chuck Trieste, 10/12/2007  3:07 PM

I have several Davis Cabinet Lillian Russel black walnut pieces dated 1949 for sale. Pieces include a double four-poster bed, a Lyre night stand and a seven-drawer kneehole dresser with an arched (not oval) swivel mirror. If interested, contact Chuck Trieste at cwtrieste@yahoo.com. Will consider any reasonable offer.

From Ronnie Wood, 10/12/2007  12:20 AM

I am looking for a Davis Cabinet Lillian Russell Collectors Cherry desk or any anniversary pieces, washstand commode, etc. Please call me at 256-565-5694 cell or email me at chevtruk@charter.net or ronnie.wood@msl.army.mil Thanks.

Decatur, Alabama

From Judy, 10/10/2007  9:08 PM

I am looking for a Davis cabinet Lillian Russell night stand in cherry to match my Lillian Russell bedroom suite. Either the lyre or commode style. If you have or know of anyone sho has one for sale please email me at jutayl717@aol.com or call me at 423 837-7100.

From Ryan, 9/20/2007  9:10 PM

Hello All,
I own two pieces of beautiful furniture that were made by Davis Cabinet Co, which were given to me by my grandparents. One is the 436 Double Dresser w/ Mirror. The other is 436 Bookcase Head Board/Foot Board w/ Bed Frame.(Double Bed) Both pieces are made of Raleigh Solid Walnut and are in excellent condition. The warranty date on the labels read 12-28-53. Unfortunately I have to sell them and was curious as to were I could get an estimated value. Contact me @ raanderson04@aol.com

Thank you for your time,

Ryan

From Judy B, 8/29/2007  5:55 PM

WANT TO BUY Lillian Russell King bedframe or just the headboard. My bedroom set is circa 1980. I'm also looking for blanket chest, wash stand, or commode. Please contact me at kobekeely@yahoo.com

From Russ, 8/22/2007  5:03 PM

Looking for a queen sized Lillian Russell bed to match other pieces of suite from the 1970's. If anyone has a bed for sale please contact me @ russcount@bellsouth.net

From Tom Parker, 8/22/2007  11:50 AM

I have a Davis Cabinent Company buffet.

#650 Burnished Cherry in excellent condition.

WHat is it worth?

From Barbara, 8/19/2007  11:43 PM

Have just received four Davis Cabinet Company bedroom pieces made of "Solid Ponderosa Pine," which is a knotty pine. The bed is four-poster with a canopy, a large dresser and separate mirror, and a lovely little nightstand. The pieces have been in my parents' family since they were purchased in early 1960s. The hardware is all solid brass and gorgeous. Does anyone else know of other pieces made from this wood? These are really beautiful, and I cherish them. Would love to know more about them.

From Judy, 8/9/2007  11:26 AM

Reply to Barry on 8-21-05
Just read your add. As I called Davis Cabinet in Nashville today, I learned they are still family owned.
Yes the quality is not what is use to be because now all the furniture pieces are made overseas then sent to Nashville and put together. The quality may not be what is use to be but it is however still made of solid wood construction and would still be considered high end compared to other furniture.

From Judy, 8/9/2007  9:32 AM

I am looking for a davis cabinet Lillian Russell lyre night stand in cherry. If anyone has or knows of someone who has one please contact me at 423 837-7100 or email jutayl717@aol.com.

From mary, 8/3/2007  4:40 PM

I saw a beautiful lillian russell walnut suite in an antique store in Hazel, Ky. Seems the store name was from the horse's mouth, or something like that. It had two marble topped night stands, dresser, chest and bed. Beautiful set, Was around $6600. Good luck, mary

From Bob and Deb, 8/3/2007  9:18 AM

WANTED
DAVIS CABINET BEDROOM SUITE
LILLIAN RUSSELL
AMERICAN BLACK WALNUT
FROM THE 40's or 50's
GRAPE LEAF CARVED DRAWER PULLS
EXCELLENT CONDITION
LOCATED CLOSE TO THE MIDDLE TENNESSEE AREA PLEASE
IF YOU HAVE SUITE OR INDIVIDUAL PIECES PLEASE E-MAIL;
BOBANDDEB89@COMCAST.NET

From Jaime in Folsom, 8/2/2007  4:39 PM

I recently acquired a Davis Cabinet Company # 415 Ponder Table in Patina Blanc. Unfortunately it is missing all but one of 5 drawer handle/pulls. I'm wondering if anyone would know where to find replacemnt hardware...

From don new tampa, 7/14/2007  5:37 PM

I have two french country Davis Cabinet solid cherry dining room chairs with arms. Does anyone know how to estimate the value. Purchase new in 1970. Thank you

From Joseph, 7/2/2007  7:44 PM

Hi, does anyone know the value of a # 415 Patina Blanc Davis Cabinet Co. Night Stand (I have 2 in great shape), also a # 417 Patina Blanc Triple Dresser. Email me at wolfman66320002000@yahoo.com Thank you for your time.

From Janet, 6/18/2007  8:46 AM

I am interested in a Cumberland Valley night stand in cherry. My mother has the bedroom suite but only has one night stand. Live in the Lebanon, Tenn area.

From Kelly, 6/16/2007  12:38 AM

Larry
I am interested in your Queen sized Cumberland Valley bedroom furniture if you still have it. PLease email me
Kellydberger@sbcglobal.net

thanks
Kelly

From Jean, 6/7/2007  5:02 PM

Since you don't have the chest with the set, would you be interested in selling just the night table. I really wanted the commode nightstand, but might be interested in the table. Is it the drop leaf with two drawers? I am Jean from posting of May 18th. My email address is included above.

From Larry, 6/6/2007  4:47 PM

We have a Davis Cabinet Queen sized (deleted)berland Valley Cherry bedroom set for sale. There is a poster bed, dresser with mirror, and a night table. They all were purchased new in the fall of 1980 and are in excellent condition. I don’t know what they are worth. If interested, please make an offer. I am located in Hendersonville, TN.

From Nancy, 6/1/2007  4:23 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet Co. bedroom suite in burnished cherry. It has a double spindle bed, double dresser without a mirror, and a 5-drawer chest. The dresser and chest have "674" on them, and the bed has "676 head 4/6". They are in excellent condition and we would like to know the value or any other information you have.
e-mail gthomp14@bellsouth.net

From Lisa Embleton, 5/28/2007  4:17 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet Powder Table in Burnished Cherry. I bought it at an estate sale in Austin Texas. Does anyone know anything about this piece? I see a lot of talk about Lillian Russell, if this was one of these, would it be marked as such. If so, the only other marks than those above are a number that either reads B25 or 1325. Thanks Lisa

From Janet, 5/20/2007  10:10 AM

Finally! I couldn't get it to post last time - e-mail address - cwhiting1120@hotmail.com

From Janet, 5/20/2007  10:06 AM

Sorry, I forgot to add my e-mail

From Janet, 5/19/2007  6:37 PM

I am looking to sell a Davis Cabinet Cumberland Valley Cherry dresser, poster bed and chest of drawers, There is a date stamped inside one of the drawers of June 11, 1951. The suite is absolutely beautiful and in wonderful condition.ÊÊÊCan anyone tell me what it is worth? I would be so appreciative!

From Jean, 5/18/2007  2:58 PM

I am looking for a Davis Cabinet Company Cherry Cumberland Valley Commode Nightstand. If you have one you are interested in selling please email me at jean_gann@hotmail.com.

From Lillie, 5/11/2007  11:00 PM

I have 2 night stands that say 115 night table antique pine Davis Cabinet Co Makers of good furnature Nashville,Tnn one has a small green sticker that has R-55 on it

From Mike Redmon, 2/26/2007  8:00 AM

Please, any help would be so appreciated. I have a mahogany dining room suite from Davis Cabinet Furniture out of Nashville which I bought in an estate sale ove 30 year ago. It has two leafs and 8 chairs with custom made pads. It is in excellent condition and we are moving. I need to sell but am clueless on a value. Can anyone give me some input on what I should consider to sell this excellent set for. I am located in KY.

From Michele, 2/25/2007  1:45 PM

I inherited a Davis Secretary Desk from my mother's estate. She had purchased it through an interior decorator around 1972. It has all original hardware and is in pristine condition. We are in the desert southwest. . Do I need to do anything different to keep it in this condition since we do live in the desert? Also does anyone have any idea of its worth? Thanks in advance to sharing your knowledge:))

From Patricia, 2/22/2007  11:25 AM

I have a Davis Cabinet Bedroom set. It has a king headboard made of wicker or cane. A triple dresser a armour and two night stands. It was my aunts , i believe it is from around 1950 or so. It does not look like anything on the Davis website. It has a country french provential look. I have no idea what it is worth does anyone know how I can find out.
Thanks,
Patricia
E-Mail Pattycake19@optonline.net

From Jo Horner, 1/25/2007  9:20 PM

I HAVE WHAT I BELIEVE IS A CHERRY DAVIS CABINET BEDROOM SUITE -FULL SOLD CARVED HEADBOARD,FIVE DRAWER CHEST,KNEEHOLE DRESSER WITH OVAL MIRROR.MEMPHIS,TENNESSEE AREA.CONTACT ME FOR PICS AT gigihorner@aol.com

From jeff asbridge, 1/21/2007  4:49 PM

I would like to buy a lillian russell cherry washstand in good condition.Also would be interested in some of the other pieces of furniture, blanket chest and other commerative pieces. E-mail mjasbr@bellsouth or call 731- 749 5515 thank you.

From BOYCE, 1/17/2007  11:16 PM

REPLY TO CHARLIE OF 08/25/06
DO YOU STILL HAVE THE BEDROOM SUITE? IF SO EMAIL ME
WITH ANY DETAILS AT BOYCEROCKVALE3@AOL.COM

From Sally, 1/17/2007  9:55 PM

I have a solid cherry Davis Cabinet Company dining room set which I love; but it is time for me to downsize. The set consists of an oval table with three 18" leaves, a large lighted china cabinet in two sections, 6 side chairs, and 2 arm chairs. Everything is solid cherry; there are no veneers. The finish is "Tawny Cherry"—which is a lovely rich bourbon color. You can tell there are 20 coats of finish, smooth as satin. The style is somewhat French Provincial, very elegant.

The oval table, Davis Stock No. 1953, measures approximately 64" long and 44" wide before inserting the leaves. It is a work of art.

The china cabinet, in two sections, is 82" high and 59" wide. The hutch top, Davis Stock No. 1951, is about 13" deep and has 4 cherry doors with mesh-backed glass inserts and glass shelves.

The buffet base, Davis Stock No. 1950, has 4 decorative solid cherry doors. In the 21" wide center area behind the two center doors, there are two drawers at 6" deep each and a 10" storage space beneath them. The space behind each side door has a solid cherry shelf, height adjustable. The interior finish is gorgeous also.

The 8 chairs have perfect cane backs. The upholstered seats are showing surface wear. The side chairs are marked Davis Stock No. 1956 tc s. The arm chairs are Davis Stock No. 1957.

I paid $2300 for the set on sale in 1974. Davis hasn’t made dining sets in 20 years. This one is solid cherry. with the exquisite "Tawny Cherry" finish. I have not yet asked Davis Cabinet Company for an estimate of how much it would cost to build such a set today. I would like to sell the set to someone who would value the quality and fantastic craftsmanship. It is large, and will require plenty of space.

Please let me know if you are interested in buying it, at veery@execpc.com.

Thanks! Sally.

From Lori Boarman, 1/13/2007  11:34 AM

I have a DAVIS CABINET COMPANY circa 1970's solid CHERRY with a Walnut finish dining set. Table plus 3 leaves. 2 captains chairs and 6 side chairs (total 8 chairs). ALL IN MINT CONDITION. A rare beautiful set! Please email me you're interested and I can send pictures as well. Boarmangl@msn.com

From Carol, 1/12/2007  7:54 PM

Please email me with inquiries about the post above!

From Carol, 1/12/2007  7:53 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet (deleted)berland Valley cherry poster bed, drop leaf side table and dresser with mirror. The suite has been in my family since it was bought new in the 1940's. I'd like to sell.

From Tammy, 1/10/2007  7:49 PM

Reply to Susan Bailey...when you decide to sell please email us and let us know our email is tammywix564@comcast.net....thanks

From scott L, 1/6/2007  7:42 PM

scott l. my email is sjdl404040@earthlink.net

From scott leatherwood, 1/6/2007  7:39 PM

i have wicker walnut bedroom suit with headboard,2night stands,triple dresser with mirror,&chest of drawers. looks like 1950,1960 era stuff.solid walnut,super sturdy &heavy kind of modern looking peices. handle pulls are really wide and made of walnut also.does any one want to buy or have any info about .   thanks scott

From JANE, 1/5/2007  11:08 AM

I HAVE TWO DAVIS CABINET ARMWARES, HEADBOARD, TWO NIGHT STANDS, DRESSING TABLE. THE DAVIS FURNITURE COMPANY FROM TENN. WANT TO SELL...WE ARE MOVING.

From Ann Meeks, 1/1/2007  1:33 PM

I am very much interested in a cherry Lillian Russell bedroom suite . . . complete with full/queen size bed with other pieces. Also I am looking for 2 additional nite stands ... during the 70's when purchased. Please email me at dorothy_randle@yahoo.com Thanks!

From Susan Bailey, 10/11/2006  5:01 PM

My mother has a solid burnished cherry original Davis Cabinet Dining room set. It has 8 side chairs and 2 armed end chairs. It has three 18" extensions. The number found under the table is #6-1258 and 73475-8. She is unsure if it is a Calvin group or Charles Donaldson. She is considering selling to downsize, moving to a smaller home. This set is accompanied by a China Cabinet with five glassed doors on top, center door does not open, and five doors on bottom with center door stationary. This is a two piece (heavy) unit. If any interest is out there, and she makes the decision to sell, we may post it. Sentimental attachment is at play and we are trying to determine the value at present.

From Barbara Davis, 9/23/2006  4:36 PM

I have a Huntley Simmons (has little gold coin stamping in drawers) complete dining room suite that my mom has had as least 50 years. The lady she bought it from told her it was over 100 years old, however from the internet it looks like maybe 1920's.
Does anyone have an idea how much I should charge for a table that has the leaves built in,(you just pull out from the end of table), 6 chairs,(2 arm), a huge buffett, and a china cabinet. It looks like walnut, and is very heavy and massave, has lots of carvings. I have pictures if anyone needs to see to give me a idea what it is worth.Thank You   gatorsig@juno.com

From ron bausch, 9/13/2006  8:12 AM

We have a Davis Cabinet Co bedroom set with a full size bed, night table, dresser with a tall mirror. The backs are stamped with the Davis Cabinet Co stamp and also says welkin walnut. We would like to get it appraised and then sell it.

From Melani, 9/12/2006  10:42 AM

I am looking for a set of nightside tables for a Lillian Russell cherry bedroom for my mother. She doesn't want the ones with the harp. (?) We are located in Ky.
Please feel free to contact me/

From Donna Sparks, 8/31/2006  11:15 AM

I have a walnut full size Davis Cabinet Co. bed that I may be willing to sell for the right price. I am currently looking for an appraisal co. to give me a price. Contact and for more info 256-381-7744 (North Alabama) This is a beautiful bed and in excellent condition and is so old that the label on the back of the headboard is hard to read.

From charlie, 8/25/2006  7:22 AM

I am a widower with no need for fine home decor. I have a 5 piece cherry Lillian Russell bedroom suite in brown (I believe know as collectors) finish. This set must have been made in 1971, since the brochure says the Lillian Russell line was in continuous prduction for 40 years since 1931. I saw a similar 3 piece suite advertised on Ebay at $3,750, but the dresser was only about 1/2 size and had no commode-night tables. The bed is full size, 4 poster. The dresser is 5 feet long with jewelry boxes on top. all have "grape" designed pulls. My set is really good condition. any one interested may email me. I am retired, so an email would be nice even if you are not interested.

From Kimberley, 8/17/2006  1:53 PM

My husband and I just bought a nice Davis Cabinet Co. king bookcase headboard. The paper label on the back indicates it is stock no. 418 Studio Bed Head 6/6 with the finish Patina Blanc. Does anyone know about when this would have been manufactured? It seems to be oak, very heavy, dense hardwood. The front has been refinished, but the back has what looks like the original whitewashed finish and original label. Write gw@gardenwife.com if you have more info, please.

From Paul C. Rainey, 8/16/2006  11:05 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet Company Secretary Desk Stock #459 in Solid American Cherry dated November 1956. This piece is in excellant condition and up for sale.
Email me if interested as I can send pictures. Be sure to put Davis Cabinet Company Secretary Desk in header.    

From Gregg Mostaert, 7/19/2006  11:02 AM

I have a Lillian Russell dark walnut bedroom set from the 1940s consisting of a full size panel bed with the grape and leaf carvings on both headboard and footboard, a chest of drawers with the carved pulls, a lyre night stand and a vanity (no mirror) with an upholstered seat. I am willing to sell this set for $2400.00 firm. I live in Southeast Iowa so shipping charges would apply from this location. I am also willing to deliver to the midwest including Tennesee for a fair price. If interested, please email me at mostaertbro@aol.com and I can send you some pictures. Thanks

From Mary Catalano, 7/10/2006  12:21 PM

I have a Davis solid cherry bedroom set with Queen Ann legs, It has a triple dresser, spindle bed, Queen size. @ side tables with 1 drawer, Queen Ann legs also, a large chest of drawers. The color is the red cherry. The set is 35 yrs old and in good condition
I also have a dinning room set with 2 arm chairs, a china cabinet with glass that is bubbled to fit the wood window areas. The table has 2 leaves, All have Queen Ann legs and in good condition.
I want to sell but I'm not sure how much to ask.
Mary

From Anne York, 6/12/2006  11:07 PM

I have the Davis Cabinet "Lillian Russell" bedroom set, probably bought in the 70's, solid cherry, double bed,4poster, 2 side tables with 3 drawers, single dresser with attached oval mirror, and lingerie chest and wish to sell it as I need to move it from my mother's house, but I have no room for it. I am in AL and I plan to call a furniture store that sells this to try to get a current price. E-mail if interested.

From Mary Ann, 3/16/2006  12:03 AM

I have 2 bedroom sets made by davies I think in the 1920'sÊÊÊ1st se twin bed headboard has horsehead engraved on it, chest drawers with horsehead, bedside table to match. 2nd set has 2 twin beds, chest drawers, dresser with mirror, vanity with mirror and stool. would love to find out any information about this sets like exact year and style they are cause i may be interested in selling in future, I can send pictures. Email me mamoore3@verizon.net

From Carol, 2/26/2006  9:55 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet Company bedroom suite and am interested in any Davis furniture for sale.

From David, 2/9/2006  3:20 AM

I have a desk made by DCC. It has six compartments and is made of maple. The lable states "Number 100". This desk is very heavy for it's size. Any info, please?

From Wendy Ulrich, 1/28/2006  7:49 PM

We are looking for a full size bed, walnut, Davis Cabinet Company. We have several other pieces but my grandmother gave away the bed many years ago. I don't know the line it comes from but anything close would be great (I believe our set was made in the 40's). Please email if you have something for sale.

From Dave Lane, 12/3/2005  10:43 PM

I stopped by the Davis Cabinet Company since I live in the Nashville Tenn area. I was surprised to find that they no longer produce furniture in the the US and have moved all production to Malaysia. Also Cherry and Walnut are no longer available only mahogany which is a cheap wood in my opinion. So if you own any furniture produced by Davis Cabinet Company and it is made of Cherry or Walnut it is now worth two or three times more than the new stuff.

If your like me and want to buy furniture that is made out of Cherry or Walnut by American Craftsman check out www.colonialhousefurniture.com. They are located in Auburn, Ky and their pieces are beautiful.

From Sheryl, 11/27/2005  10:52 PM

I have a 6 piece tawny cherry bedroom set from Davis Cabinet company. The pieces are 2 twin beds, 2 night stands, a 7 drawer dresser with mirror, and a student desk. The set all have glass tops and are in excellent condition. The only exception is the student desk that has some scratches on the top. The set was made in the late 40's early 50's.
This comes from an estate sale and has been stored in an attic of a non-smoking home for many years. I believe the style is Ellesdale Manor. But I am not sure.
This set is for sale. The asking price is $2,100.00, but that is negotiable.
If you are interested or have any questions my email address is sjones7220@comcast.net .

From Tim, 11/17/2005  5:15 PM

I am looking for cherry bedroom furniture from davis cabinet company. I have two twin beds but no other pieces. Email me at james.owens01@comcast.net

From Jane, 10/15/2005  3:34 PM

Reply to Patricia Odom, If you are still interested in Davis Cabinet furniture, I may be able to help you. Because I was widowed, I will need to sell this set in order to downsize into a condo. Thanks. Jane    janejb@mchsi.com

From bev, 10/15/2005  3:22 PM

I have a Walnut chest stamped 305 Destressed, Davis Cabinet Company. The original paper label, though torn and yellow, remains on the back. It is a 5 drawer, triple serpentine, highboy. The construction of the drawers is tongue and groove.Is it worth refinishing?

From Stephanie, 9/29/2005  11:28 PM

I want to sell a gorgeous David Cabinet Company dining room set: one table with one leaf, six chairs and a lighted china press. Please email me if you are interested. hallways@comcast.net

From david, 9/29/2005  9:26 PM

looking for a lillian russell full sizebed cherry email me at dloc575855@aol.com

From Debbie, 9/28/2005  8:34 PM

Tia.... If you would, could you look on the back of your 606 commode, and see if where it says "walnut-Norman" if any where it says Will Hunt Norman?? My grandfather, Will Hunt Norman was a furniture maker at Davis Cabinet Co. He used a lot of Walnut. In fact he made a one of a kind bedroom suite out of Hondurus Mahogany.. I would dearly love to know if possible.. Thanks a million!! He passed when I was 15, so that was over 30 yrs ago... aseedsower@netzero.com

From Helen, 9/28/2005  1:22 PM

Hi, I have a Lillian Russell Desk with an Etagere' Top and both pieces have the Davis labels on the back. It is made of Solid Mohogany and has the automatic slides, when you open the slanted top. I have the original decorative key that came with the desk. It is a rare piece. If serious email jr3823@hotmail.com and I can email pictures. Thanks Helen. jr3823@hotmail.com

From kim, 9/26/2005  1:43 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet Company Cumberland Valley bedroom set for sale. Full Size bed- date mfg. unkn right now. drop leaf bedside table --6/83 5 drawer chest 12/63 bedside commode -purchsed 2 years ago 4 drawer chest 11/64 contact me if interested buffettgirl@comcast.net thanks

From robert dickten, 9/22/2005  6:48 PM

i would like to hear from folks who appreciate Davis dining room set and secretary and maybe acquire them. I am a widower who doesn't need such beautiful things any more. If you are interested please call 262-617-4235.

From Guest, 9/22/2005  9:10 AM

Robyn, The BB Library online only has books for sale. You need to visit in person if you want to look through the collection, but as I mentioned, they don't have a large collection of manufacturer's catalogs. -Russell

From robyn jefferson, 9/21/2005  5:39 PM

Thanks Russell - I did briefly go to the BB Library after visiting this site but didn't check any of the resources. I was unable to tell if any of these resources were free. I will check again. Thanks!

From Guest, 9/21/2005  1:52 PM

Robyn, I don't know of a good resource for old catalogs. The Bernice Bienenstock Furniture Library in High Point has 8,000 books going back to 1620 or so, but the only catalogs are the early ones sent out by Georgian Cabinetmakers. The Grand Rapids Public Library may have a collection and you might want to contact them. Beyond that, you would need to consult an expert appraiser... but even then, having a company name would really help. I can't that you will find the furniture by randomly searaching through catalogs. Even if they were available, there were hundreds of furniture manufacturers producing in this period and very little information is left regarding any of them. -Russell

From robyn jefferson, 9/21/2005  1:31 PM

Hi - just happened across this site - what a treasure! I would appreciate any information on where I can find catalogs for American furniture manufacturers of the 1920s and 1930s. I have a walnut dining room and a maple bedroom that don't appear to have tags but the bedroom does have numbers stenciled on the back. I would like to try to id the manufacturers of my furniture.

The dining room set is in the Jacobean style. The bedroom furniture has waterfall front pattern with tiger maple stripe and green floral inlay.

I also have another end table from this period that was made by Mastercraft.

I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

From Ryann, 9/18/2005  12:39 AM

I Just Purchaced A 5 Piece Bedroom set Made By Huntley Simmons Furniture Co. Circa:1929-35 Its Verry Ornate All Done In Hardwoods (The Tags Say Mahogony, Walnut, Tiek And Other Hard Woods) Its very Ornate *Nothing Is Missed* All Done In Burl And Fancy Veneers. (All In Beutiful Condition) It Includes A Beautiful Twin Bed Like I Said Very ornate, A Dresser, Vanity With Swivel Mirror, (Did I Say Ornate) And A Bench To Sit In Front Of the Vanity. *ALL MATCHING SET* Gold Tag Says *(Huntley Simmons Furniture) So I know Its 1929-1935 From My own research. Everything is trimmed on ornate trim, And Burl veneer on every piece Even the headboard which is huge, Id like to know a Value Maybe this set is in Very nice condition with very small surface scratches on the top finish..... no gouges whatsoever!! Thx frankenchrist@wavecable.com

From Carolyn Canfield, 9/10/2005  5:38 PM

We have a Davis cabinet model 407 double chest windsor walnut does anyone have any information on this or what year it was made in? If you do would you please email me to let me know. Thank you. cancar54@msn.com

From Camryn, 9/9/2005  2:39 PM

I also have a bedroom suit made by the Davis Cabinet Company in 1942. It is Oak (I think), and it needs a little refinishing, but it includes the full size bedframe, vanity, and dresser. I am interested in selling it if anyone is interested...email me at camrynparmele@hotmail.com

From Debbie S, 9/6/2005  11:14 AM

To Mary Carloss: It sounds like we have the same bed. How did you know it was made in 1950s? If you would please share any information you have about the 375 4/6 bed frame I will do the same. I have a picture and will be glad to send it to you if you will share your email address.ÊÊÊDebbie S debandstu@tds.net

From Debbie S, 9/5/2005  9:31 AM

I recently purchased a Davis Cabinet Co double+ bed. Label says it is 375 Bed 4/6. The side rails indicate it is an earlier piece made of walnut. I have looked on the Davis website and would love to know if anyone has an old catelogue on their furniture? Finish is original and label gave me the information about the Davis Cabinet Co. Any information will be helpful. I can email a picture if that would be helpful. Thanks Debbie S. debandstu@tds.net

From Betty, 8/30/2005  11:58 AM

hi kathy, yes, i am interested in some of the pieces. is it solid cherry? my room is not big enough for all of the pieces. sure wish it was. give me your phone number and i will call you. thanks, betty. bc12rive@bellsouth.net

From Kathy, 8/30/2005  7:58 AM

Betty: I have a 1950's Lillian Russell Cherry set for sale. It has 2 twin beds, double dresser w/ mirror, chest of drawers, 2 lyre night stands, and a vanity w/mirror and stool. I also have a gentleman's shaving mirror for the chest of drawers. May be more than you need, but I am sure we can talk. Please contact me at my e-mail address if you are interested. We can make arrangements from there. Thank you. rdillon4@cfl.rr.com

From Betty Rives, 8/29/2005  10:54 PM

i am interested in buying a lillian russell double bed or twin beds and dresser to match, made in 1950's or before by the davis cabinet co. and maybe one night stand to match as i have a small room. i am in western ky. please email me or call 270-475-9712. thanks. betty bc12rive@bellsouth.net

From Stephani Noretto, 8/24/2005  6:46 PM

My family inherited a davis company bedroom set. It is a twin bed set but one of the twin beds was sold before we inherited it. We are looking for the other twin bed. It is model number 327. I believe it was made in the 1950's. If anyone knows where we could get a hold of one it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me at norettos@hotmail.com

From Barry (follw-up), 8/21/2005  12:16 AM

A follow-up to my previous post. Davis is BACK in business, however is no longer family owned business. Quality is now lousy, and the colors of walnut and cherry are not the same. New davis is pretty much considered cheap furniture in this area.

From Barry, 8/21/2005  12:06 AM

i am an antique dealer and auctioneer in TN. Vintage Davis cabinet furniture is very sought after here. Anyone wishing to know values can feel free to email me. I dont check here often, so posting probably will not a reply. send email to thebidcaller@excite.com and put davis cabinet values in the header. Understand that davis is a regional co. so value here might not be what it is elsewhere. Also, please give all info possible, but not pictures. If i need more info to respond, i will ask. Glad to help any way I can.

From Jamey Collier, 8/20/2005  11:30 PM

I am interested in finding a couple of Davis Cabinet pieces. They are both in the Cumberland Valley style and the finish is in antique cherry. The first piece is a commode table #4442 and the second piece is a lingerie chest #4423. Thanks. Jamey jvc5076@wmconnect.com

From lynn young, 8/20/2005  9:29 PM

I have my mother's Lillian Russell bedroom suit. It was made in 1949 by Davis Cabinet Co. It is made of solid black walnut and has a spindle poster double bed, dresser with 2 glove drawers and oval pedestal mirror, chest with glove drawer and shaving mirror, 1 lyre night table with drawer, and 1 chair. All drawer pulls are carved wood. Does anyone know the value of this bedroom suit? Thanks.   Lynn at lynjeryoung@bellsouth.net

From T Mierzwa, 8/19/2005  7:06 AM

I have a complete dining room set manufactured by R.F. HUNTLEY. It looks like a blonde hard maple set. 6 chairs, table, pads, chinette and buffet cabinet. Manufacturers stamp is on the bottom of each piece. Nearest quote I can find for value is $3450.

From MITCH, 8/17/2005  3:00 AM

I own a 2-piece saginaw curio cabinet with classic clock. The unit's in fine condition, olive, clean mesh makes all collectibles clearly visible in top unit and hand painted floral patterns decoratively highlight throughout. I'm interested in learning it's fair market value. The fact I add it's stated style numbers 5218, 10-55e and 8255-28-29 (gold floral dec.) Lead me to believe I'm contacting the appropriate site to receive nothing less than a ballpark figure upon reply. Thank you. mitchchernow@msn.com

From Randy L, 8/11/2005  1:24 PM

I noticed the thread regarding Davis Cabinet Company kind of fizzled out without any definitive answers. Does anyone know how to contact someone in TN that might be knowledgeable on the subject (preferrably by email?) rlewis@equitynet.net

From Marissa, 8/8/2005  12:18 AM

I have a #417 Triple Dressesr and two #416 matching twin beds in the "Patina Blanc" finish. Everything is in very good condition. Dresser does not have the mirror, but I contact Davis and they said they could make one to match. I need to sell...I just had a baby and need the room. I would prefer local buyers since it is very very heavy to ship. Email me at tinoco712@msn.com or call me at 469-643-6008 if you are intrested or need more info.

From Paul, 8/7/2005  4:35 PM

Interested in purchasing Lillian Russell dark walnut headboard or bed and nightstands to match dresser and vanity. We live in Buffalo, NY contact kostynct@buffnet.net

From Carol, 8/7/2005  4:32 PM

I am interested in purchasing a dark walnut Lillian Russell headboard and end tables to match dresser and vanity from Davis Cabinet. kostynct@buffnet.net

From Ann Bridges, 7/28/2005  11:19 AM

I have a 1950 bedroom suite,that I inherited from an aunt.It is Lillian Russell,made at Davis Cabinet Co.in Tennessee.It is of dark walnut.Consist of double bed,dresser/mirror,chair,lyre night table,chest,and shaving tray/mirror.Anyone knowing anything about pricing,please let me know.417-654-2588.It has the grape design carving.Thank you Ann. gojeffy@juno.com

From althea shannon, 7/21/2005  1:08 PM

I have a 417 triple dresser and chest made by Davis Co in 1948. The dreser is missing two pull handles and the chest is missing one. They are in the antique Burne finish. Is this company still in business? I am desperately trying to fine replacements to match the origianls. Thanks althea@lanefurniture.com

From Tia, 7/5/2005  7:10 PM

Hello, I just purchased a piece of furniture that I fell in love with. It has a label that says "Davis Cabinet Company, 606 Commode, Norman Walnut" on the back; however, it looks NOTHING like any of the Davis Cabinet Company furniture I have been able to track down online. It is very modern and minimalist looking with two opening doors that have a repeated inset square design. It looks quite similar to Danish modern furniture or something from the 50's-60's era. Does anyone have any ideas about what this furniture is and what it's value might be? Any information would be greatly appreciated! tpalsole@utep.edu

From Cheryl, 4/10/2005  5:38 PM

I have a king and queen "pair" of living room chairs. I have been told that they are original Davis Cabinet chairs. They have a grape pattern in the top of the back of each. They are very elegant and I believe they have the original apholstery on them (not sure). I have had these chairs for about 6 years, purchased at an estate sale in Nashville, TN. I have moved into a smaller home and would like to sell them, but do not know what they are worth. I am located in Western KY now. If anyone has any information, please let me know. csieyewear@aol.com. Thank you for your time! Cheryl

From Terry Brand, 3/19/2005  2:15 PM

I recently purchased two solid walnut beds by Davis Furniture Company of Nashville TN. They have spindle turned posts and the headboard and footboard have a row of wood balls mortised onto the top. The lable says the finish is "WATTLED WALNUT". Does anyone know anything about these beds? Thanks, Terry tbrand@3rdranger.org

From mary carloss, 3/12/2005  2:14 PM

I have a Davis Cabinet Company headboard and footboard circa 1950 - 1960. It also says 375 bed-4-6. This finish is Wattilock Walnut. Can anyone give me any additional information regarding this piece? Thanks your very much, Mary Carloss

From josephine marcotte, 3/5/2005  9:35 AM

I have purchased at a thrift store on 2-28-05, a small sewing table, that is beautiful with a little Old English Scratch Remover, it is almost like new. I think it is a sewing table for a portable sewing machine. I has a little opening compartment on the top and a drawer in the front and room underneath for your legs, if you had a chair to sit on while sewing. Here are some numbers I located in the drawer Saginaw Antique Furniture 404821 reg. no. On the underneath, E5663-sample exposition, and a little orange tag Lot No. 397171 231 piece no. (ripped off). Can anyone tell me anything about this beautiful little piece?????? maseraiti@juno.com

From Dennis, 2/4/2005  3:10 PM

I am interested in obtaining a Lillian Russell solid walnut queen bed to match a 1950s set I recently purchased at auction. The finish is aged walnut. Please email: reddennis@hotmail From what I understand- Davis is no longer making furniture, but is importing cheaper mahogany pieces and finishing them only, not constructing them. An end of an era, I suppose. reddennis@hotmail.com

From Fred Grove, 2/3/2005  12:28 PM

In 1968 we had custom made a French provincial dining room set by Davis. It was purchased thru Bratburd's in Cincinnati. The set consists of a table with 2-16" leafs, a dropleaf sideboard (walnut top & pickeled legs with two doors}; a pickeled buffet (3 drawers & 2 doors); 6 side chairs and 2 arm chairs (pickeled). We are moving to a smaller place and find this set will not fit in and therefore want to sell it. Could you give us an idea as to what to sell it for? It is solid antique walnut.ÊÊÊThank you. fmgrove@cinci.rr.com

From Guest, 2/1/2005  9:52 AM

Dear Margaret, furniture manufacturers are not in the business of making or selling replacement parts. You will probably need to find a local craftsperson who can make this for you. -Russell

From MARGARET, 1/31/2005  8:11 PM

I have a bedroomset I Purchased from Leo Burke Furniture store, richmond Va in the early 70's the bed is a pencil post that was made to have a canopy, I want to give the bed to my granddaughter and we would like to get the frame for the canopy. Can you help me with this. Your metal label is inside the bedside drawer. I appreciate any help you can give me. Margaret Anderson. mwanderson@bellsouth.net

From Lisa, 1/23/2005  8:54 PM

I have a Lillian Russell bedroom set that belonged to my grandparents who lived in Nashville,TN. It has 2 twin beds, a small nightstand, a dresser with oval mirror,a chest with glove boxes, and a small chair. It is a cherry finish and is in great condition. Anyone interested can e-mail me for pictures. I don't really know what price to ask but my parents said they asked around in Nashville and said it was worth @ $5000. lisamirvin@juno.com

From Jill Thomas, 1/23/2005  4:48 PM

My parents have a Lillian Russell bedroom set circa 1950 for sale. Includes Full Poster bed, dresser w/ glove boxes, Oval pedestal mirror, 4 drwr chest w/ glove boxes, 2 one drwr nightstands. Was stored in boxes in a whse until 1970 and has been in a guest bedroom and never used since. It's in perfect condition. 828-327-0244 is our business number.

From Mary Buck, 1/20/2005  9:04 PM

To Patricia Odom. In answer to your desire to buy Davis Cabinet furniture, do you have an email address so that I might send you pictures of what I have to sell? Thank you. janejb50@comcast.net

From Diane, 1/20/2005  8:55 AM

I have a 1930s bedroom set, Lillian Russel Collection, consisting of a full bed, single dresser with mirror and glove boxes, Lyre side table and chair. I am located in Orlando FLA. The set is in good condition.Anybody who is interested can email me back at this site or give me a call at 407-888-8032. dee407_99@yahoo.com

From charlie, 1/10/2005  8:02 AM

I have a 5 piece bedroom set for sale since my wife is in a nursing home and I am moving to a smaller place. mine is 1971, do not know if that is old enough. charies5@adelphia.net

From PATRICIA ODOM, 1/7/2005  7:33 PM

I am interested in buying furniture from Davis Furniture Company -- Only the old -- Lillian Russell or Cumberland Valley. Thanks, Patricia 318-488-0180

From Barb, 11/23/2004  12:07 AM

I have just recently acquired a Lillian Russell bedroom suite. I have a headboard, lingerie dresser, dresser with glove boxes and mirror, highboy dresser with glove box, nighstand, extra mirror, wash stand and secretary from my parents. All the dresser pieces have custom glass tops to protect the finish. It is gorgeous!    They bought it about 10 years ago from an antique dealer for $2800. I was wondering what it's value is. I have searched the internet for an idea but no luck.

From carol, 11/12/2004  12:05 PM

Help - we lost our home in hurrican Ivan and had a dining room set that was a Davis Cabinet and consisted of a table with 3 leaves and 6 chairs also a hunt board with brass railings. This was in an English Chipendale style and purchased in 1973. What is the value?

From HGM, 11/10/2004  4:00 PM

Just had a conversation with someone from Davis Cabinet Company. They haven't made dining room furniture in 20 years. Their finishes are different now because of EPA regulations about the chemical used. Hope you can get top dollar! You've got something really nice.

From HGM, 11/10/2004  11:17 AM

The Davis Cabinet Company has a web-site. I would suggest that you get the list of the dealers. You could call one of the furniture stores and inquire about the current cost of those pieces. This would give you an idea of their value. Davis Cabinet Company does indeed make quality furniture. Ask someone who has had to move one of the pieces! They are of solid construction. They are valued in Tennessee and probably the surrounding areas. From what I have seen, the older pieces are much prettier that some of the newer ones. I prefer the finishing on the older pieces. I have been told that the older peices had about 20 coats of finish on them and the newer ones have less. I hope you can find someone that will value your furniture.   

From Sarah Munnelryn, 11/10/2004  10:28 AM

I don't have an answer for you but, I inherited twin beds, a dresser and a nightstand made by the Davis Cabinet Co. My grandaddy always told me they were purchased by my great grandparents in the 1920's. When I did a little research, the dates wern't matching. He swears the dates are correct. I have not been able to find out anything else about this furnature. If you get any replies please let me know or give them my e-mail address. Thanks Sarah Munnerlyn

From JK, 11/4/2004  8:52 PM

MY GOODNESS!! That's wild...where do you happen to be located? Another person here said that in Tennessee the Davis furniture is very sought after because that's where they are located. (I'm in Northern California.)

Hummm, how do you find a place for an appraisal?? Then do they come to your house? I'm really not up on this kinda stuff, but maybe that's what I should do too?? By the way, I don't see your email in your message...

From JL2Saint, 11/4/2004  7:28 PM

Hey, I'm trying to sell an antique bedroom set made by Davis cabinet co. and have already paid for an apppraisal and I'm awaiting the results. It's a 1950's pc and it's solid wild cherry. It was bought at auction for $12600 about 9 years ago so I know it's high dollar stuff. Antique dealers all around where all drooling over it. So you might have something. It's a 10 pc set. If anyone knows anyone who might looking to shell out som serious dough for a nice BR set, give them my email....

From jk, 10/28/2004  9:33 PM

Thank you for everyone's assistance. I've been worried about how I was going to value this set of furniture -- I didn't know whether it should be $500 or $5000 so to speak. According to the last post, I imagine I should probably sell the set for maybe $3,000???? I sure don't want to price it too high, but then I don't know where to start :( ...

Again, thank you so much for the suggestions!

From terrie, 10/28/2004  9:05 PM

I own a consignment store for high end furniture and we have a lillian russell collection bedroom set for sell. we have the single dresser w/ mirror, the night stand w/ one drawer and a pair of twin beds. we have it for sell for $1995.00. I sold a davis cabinet queen anne table and six chairs for around the same. we charge a 50% commission. hope that helps you with valueing your dining room.

From kathy, 10/22/2004  1:46 AM

I am not sure where you are - but the davis cabinet co. was started in tenn. and alot of folks there are willing to pay top dollar for it. The Davis cab co is still open and they could also help you. Good Luck

From JK, 10/2/2004  9:20 PM

Thank you Russell, I'll check out furniturebrains to see what thet're about (catchy name!). I'm not looking for any great value, I just have no way of knowing what to sell it for. Don't know if it's even worth an appraisal, but guess that's the only way to figure out a fair price. Thanks again!

From Guest, 10/2/2004  7:07 PM

You might try www.furniturebrains.com. They do reasonably priced appraisals. My guess is that it doesn't have any unusual great value. There isn't an organized market for used furniture and local folks responding to a newspaper ad generally don't want to pay too much. - Russell