Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

LOOKING FOR MICHAELS FURNITURE PIECES

Hi Russell, Two years ago I purchased, from Restoration Hardware, a few pieces of Mission-style oak furniture, manufactured by the Michaels Company. Some of the items were stocked by Restoration Hardware, while others were special ordered by them from the Michaels Company catalog. I've held onto the catalog, and having recently moved, I'm now in the market for some additional pieces. When I returned to Restoration Hardware and requested an updated catalog from which to make my selections, I was told the Michaels Company has drastically trimmed their product line, no longer manufactures many of the catalog items, and as a result, Restoration Hardware could only sell from the limited selection of Michaels Company pieces which they happen to stock. Unfortunately, these stock pieces don't meet my needs. Actually, the situation sounds more like Restoration Hardware has decided to abandon special orders from this vendor. I'd like to contact Michaels Company directly to see if I can order from them, or if they can point me to another merchant who can help me. I've been trying to find contact information for the Michaels Company without success. The old catalog doesn't provide any specific information and describes the company as being located in "California's Central Valley" and being run by a "Michael Vermillion." Can you please help? Many thanks, I live in the western Philadelphia suburbs, in Chester county, PA. The Restoration Hardware store I've shopped is in the mall in King of Prussia, PA.

Posted By Marc Citrin, 6/7/2000

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Frankie, 6/6/2013  5:11 PM

I have a 3 piece stereo TV cabinet by Michael That no longer fits our space.

From Russell at Furniture World Magazine, 7/5/2004  10:33 PM

Dear Marc, It is my understanding that Michaels Company was purchased by Restoration Hardware and it cannot be purchased elsewhere. I don't have any additional information on the company, but posted your message so that retailers who carry similar lines can contact you.