Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

National Mount Airy Roll Top Desk

I have a National Mount Airy Roll Top Desk. It is the CEO model. It is brand new and still in the factory box. I live in Mount Airy, NC, and bought it from a friend, which is how I came across it. I am trying to determine it's value. Does anybody have any information about this desk, or know where I could go to get a valuation of it?

Thanks,

Jason

Posted By jas0n, 9/30/2008

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From berjonh2, 12/14/2012  8:30 AM

White desks may have become popular because of the artistic look they create in every room, but we must not forget their true purpose, and how they help every individual, who uses them, to achieve better performance in every way. They are usually used as desks for office use, student desks and for computers as well. They contribute to success in day-to-day activities plus they create an artistic look in every home.

As a perfect desk for office workers, it needs to have spaces to organize papers. You don't want a messy table with files placed everywhere, do you? You want it to be as organized as possible so as to ease your work load. It should have enough dividers for your essential working materials and a spacious surface where you can comfortably work. Moreover, it is advantageous to have a clean color like white that allows an individual to focus and increase their work performance. This is because white creates a feeling of calmness and goodness, which helps you to think clearly. Visit this site for more white desk information

From Jessmile, 11/22/2012  8:25 AM

White Corner Desk

A corner desk is very useful, as it can make a functional workspace out of a once unused corner. It maximizes the space, especially in a room with a very small area. It makes it easy to set up a small room by making use of the space in the corner. Thus, it is a perfect solution to every person who has a small room with empty corners.

A corner desk is perfectly made to fit into every space and corner of the room. It is beneficial to students who live in small dorms and to businesses with small work areas. It provides them with more floor space to walk around and move freely in. Thus, it allows more space to do other things.

I has written many articles about office furniture and the way it affects work productivity. I loves the way a corner desk can make an unused corner an efficient, and comfortable, work space. FInd more benefit to using a corner desk at white corner desk

From Ameeliia, 9/10/2012  1:00 AM

he black corner desk is designed to give your room that elusive touch of elegance. Its superb craftsmanship gives you a computer desk that has a very nice black finish and the price is almost always good. A corner desk uses very little space and the generous bottom shelf that comes with it, provides you with a larger storage capability. 

From Ameeliia, 9/10/2012  1:00 AM

Black Desk

There are various desks that you can use in your office so that you get the most comfort while doing your work. The wide variety of black desks. A black writing desk can do wonders for your writing or doing your job. The black corner desk is designed to give your room that elusive touch of elegance. Its superb craftsmanship gives you a computer desk that has a very nice black finish and the price is almost always good. A corner desk uses very little space and the generous bottom shelf that comes with it, provides you with a larger storage capability. 

From piper324, 1/19/2012  8:33 PM

I see a couple of recent postings about this - Nick in Jan and Cliff in November '11 -

If Jason no longer has his desk (from '08), my husband is selling his grandfather's National Mount Airy Roll Top Desk and he's in Orlando right now, through the end of January 2012. 

If anyone is interested, it's in beautiful shape, about 50 years old.  Contact him at dpamike@gmail.com and he can send pictures.
thanks
Becky Morgan

From nnmnm, 1/5/2012  12:15 PM

Do you still happen to have this desk? Of so, can you send me a picture?

Nick
nick@gaynerengineers.com

From cwildes, 11/6/2011  8:05 AM

Jason
Do you still have that new National Mt Airy desk? If so, you mentioned it was in Florida and I am in Florida and would be interested in it.

I am also looking for a National M Airy dresser (cherry or walnut ) to match or compliment my bedroom furniture that I would back in 93. If you have or know of bedroom pieces, please advise me

Thanks
Cliff

From lorraine, 5/12/2011  3:39 PM

I have the National Mt. Airy dark oak roll top desk with all three attachments. It is approx. 77.5" tall. I have had it almost 25 years. It has all the brass hardware in place. I would like to sell it. But, will not ship it myself...Anyone interested? It is here in Miami.

From Jean, 4/28/2011  11:40 AM

The oak roll top that I have is the light oak - I would love to sell this as I have moved and have no room for it. It is two pieces - top with cubbies and drawers and a light...then the bottom with drawers and file drawers....it is a beauty! No knicks or scratches..I can send pix it anyone is interested..! thanks Jean

From Kathleen, 12/11/2010  5:03 PM

My mother has an National Mt Airy oak roll top desk that was my father's. We now need to move it but do not know how to get off the top. I remember my dad saying there was a release in the back but darned if we can find anything. Any chance you know?

From lj, 9/13/2010  5:42 PM

In Salem Oregon, full CEO, three part 80" tall plus the matching credenza. light oak reply email or call 503-917-9432

From Jake Sheehy, 9/10/2010  10:54 PM

I have th National Mt. Airy Oak roll top that was called the Vanderbilt model. I think this predates the CEO model. It was supposed to be a reproduction of the actual working Cornelius Vanderbilt Desk. It has three parts, the base (two drawer pedestals and center drawer and back), the roll top tambour part with all the little and mediuam size drawers with card slots for labels on them, and then a hutch top which had wide drawers on each side and a sliding cover over smaller draawers in the center. The wider side drawers on the hutch sides pull out and then tilt down but wouldn't fall out. This wss so you could see what was in them. They also have spring clamps in them to hold the papers in these drawers secure. The whole desk is about 66 inches wide and 74 inches high overall. I'm trying to find a photo or brochure picture of this desk so I can show it to people so I can sell it. I'm also looking for an approximate value to know what to ask for this item. Any assistance would be appreciated.

From Gregory Congleton, 9/10/2010  3:00 PM

The National Mt. Airy CEO series came in two colors a light and a dark oak. There are actually several parts to make a whole group. There is a roll top desk with a storage unit above, total heigth approximately 80 inches. A front open table or desk and a credenza. Total five units.       

From Linda & John, 9/7/2010  9:54 AM

I have a National Mt. Airey roll-top which is 3 pieces. The desk is 65.5"x34". Then it has a roll top and on top of that there is another big piece. The whole thing is 79" tall. It is oak but I don't know what color oak they call it. Is this the CEO model? How can I find out what color oak this is? It is in excellent condition.

From Gregory Congleton, 9/2/2010  4:56 PM

I'm interested in the credenza in dark wood to go with the CEO desk. If you have one please let me know.

From katherine, 7/19/2010  8:26 PM

I have a cherrywood rolltop deskby National Mt. Airy that I would like to sell. The only thing missing is one of the handles that broke that I forgot to replace. I bought this as a gift for my husband but he prefers a more modern desk so it has not been used very much. This one is a more traditional dark cherrywood. It is in good condition and located in Cypress, California for anyone interested in purchasing it. Please call (714) 821-9911 and I will email pictures. It is 56 1/2 wide by 28" deep.

From sandy, 5/9/2010  12:04 PM

National Mt.Airy 3 piece roll top desk in dark oak.$3,000.Desk only.Pick up only.Austin,Texas.sandymullinnix@att.net

From sandy, 5/9/2010  11:57 AM

I have the dark oak,3 parts,excellent condition for $3,000.pick up only Austin,Texas

From scteko, 2/22/2010  5:31 PM

I have one available for $2,000. Excellent condition, pick up only.. In Culver City, CA. Desk only. myhuskysc@gmail.com

From scteko, 2/22/2010  5:30 PM

I have one available for $2,000. Excellent condition, pick up only.. In Culver City, CA. Desk only.

From Howard, 7/11/2009  1:17 PM

The CEO Desk came in three parts - piece # 809 Roll Top Desk Base, # 909 Roll Top Desk Top and # 339 Deck and in two finishes Boardroom & Dark Oak. I have a National Mt. Airy color brochure & price list for this desk from 1985 - I bought another of their rolltops back then and must have picked it up in case I ever wanted to upgrade. Do you have all three parts and is it for sale?

From Lori, 3/30/2009  1:13 PM

I have a Mt Airy National Cherrywood roll top desk. Am looking to sell it as well. Someone said it is worth apprx $3000.

From Bill, 10/30/2008  8:22 AM

Not sure ? But when you find out I am interested in purchasing it.