Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Surya Rugs Names Gonzalez and Catello To Management Positions

Furniture World News

on

Jeff Gonzalez has been named national sales vice president and Joan Catello has been named vice president of national accounts for Surya Rugs, according to Satya Tiwari, president of the rug manufacturing and importing company. Most recently, Gonzalez was East Coast regional vice president of sales for Kas Oriental Rugs. “It has been a pleasure working with Kas, and I appreciate the opportunity they gave me over the past three years,” said Gonzalez. Gonzalez began his wholesale career with Middle East Rug Corp. (MER), where he was mid-Atlantic regional manager for nine years. “Gonzalez has a proven track record in sales and sales management and he will be an integral component of our executive team as we continue our fast growth trajectory,” said Tiwari. “I look forward to working closely with Satya as the company continues to build a strong national sales force. Surya is one of the most dynamic rug companies in the market and I am proud to be part of it,” said Gonzalez. In her new post, Joan Catello will be responsible for the development and growth of Surya’s national accounts division. Catello was previously national vice president of sales and marketing for Kas Rugs. “Catello’s appointment represents a significant step forward in the growth of Surya Rugs,” said Tiwari. “We are expanding our sales and marketing team in order to add new channels of retail distribution and gain further penetration in existing channels.” Catello has been involved with the floor covering industry since 1987, when she joined Columbus Mills. From 1990 to 1995, she was with Shaw Industries, and served in that company’s new Rug Division when it was formed. She was with Oriental Weavers from 1995 to 2000. She joined Kas in 2000. “I have been fortunate to have worked with some of the most knowledgeable and respected people in the industry. Surya is an energetic young company that is committed to significant growth. I look forward to being part of this dynamic team,” said Catello. Surya is a vertically integrated manufacturing company established in India in 1976. The U.S. division was incorporated in 1986 specializing in area rugs. Surya exhibits in Atlanta, The Las Vegas World Market Center and High Point.