Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Bedroom Furniture by Young Hinkle For E.

Information on this first post not needed any more.... We have furniture that we bought for our son years ago that is a replica of the furniture in Elliot Thomas's bedroom who was in the movie E.T. Does anyone know if this furniture has any value?

Posted By Alex, 5/3/2007

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From q7laters@gmail.com, 12/24/2016  4:08 PM

For Sale: I have a set of Young-Hinkle Windjammer boys bedroom furniture as seen in the movie "ET". Bunk beds with railings , night stand, 5 drawer chest, desk with hutch top & matching chair, and entertainment center. All in above average condition. Make an offer.  Located near Little Rock, AR

From Enjoiescher, 9/9/2014  9:03 PM

This thread seems dead but I don't know where else to ask this. I have a (mostly) complete bunkbed Windjammer set. Much like maxattack123, just no mattresses and one of the side bars for the upper bunk is missing. I was curious what it was worth and if someone was interested in it. Feel free to contact me if you are. The items are located in the suburbs of Chicago. Thanks! 

From AFacer, 8/8/2012  3:53 PM

We are in need of the sea chest, or toy chest from the young hinkle windjammer line. Thanks 

amberfacer@yahoo.com

From maxattack123, 7/18/2012  5:48 PM

I have a young hinkle Windjammer bunkbed suite for sale.  This is the bedroom set featured in the movie E.T.  It consists of 2 bunkbeds, one 5 drawer chest that looks like an ice chest, 1 bedside 2 drawer chest, ladder, rails, and mattresses.  I would like $600.00 for the set.  It's in excellent condition.  
email me at bevolemiss@gmail.com

From cmp2094, 9/21/2011  11:16 PM

Looking to purchase Twin ET bedroom set. Need at least the twin bed set and the night stand. Will consider additional peices. Located in Owensboro KY. E-mail me if you have a set you would like to sell at cmp2094@hotmail.com

From Guest, 7/16/2011  1:31 PM

We have several pieces of the classic Young and Hinkle Windjammer furniture as featured in the deleted E.T., including: 3 drawer chest with Oval swing mirror, tall locker style dresser with bottome file drawer and two drawer nightstand. All are in excellent condition. Pick-up in Sarasota FL or will discuss shipping.

From Martha Yonce, 6/10/2011  1:16 PM

We have a set of "Windjammer" by Young-Hinkle which includes: Bunkbeds/twins with rails, ladder, and bunkie boards, 5 drawer chest, 3drawer dresser with side locker and separate mirror, desk and chair. All in very good to excellent condition except chair. Chair needs seat recovered and re-gluing but is perfectly usable as is. If interested email marthanotstuart@yahoo.com. We live in North Carolina.

From Betty Gardner, 6/6/2011  7:00 PM

I have just purchased 3 pieces, the ice box, full size headboard and 1 bed side table. I would be interested in a desk or possible other pieces.

Thanks

From Bill marquardt, 6/4/2011  11:16 PM

I have for sale furniture from the as seen in the deleted E.T. 1- sea chest, 1- desk with chair

From Joyce, 5/31/2011  11:17 AM

We have a complete bedroom set of Young-Hinkle Windjammer furniture (as seen in the deleted E.T.) for sale.

The set consists of 2 bunkbeds with side rails/ladder, dresser (icebox style), and 2 night stands.

All pieces are in excellent condition.

If interested please email me at crlmisc@comcast.net

From edengland, 5/30/2011  8:04 PM

I am interested in purchasing a Young Hinkle Windjammer Queen headboard. I would consider purchasing a set if the headboard is included. Please email edengland@gmail.com thanks.

From sherry, 5/15/2011  12:18 AM

We have the following E.t. furniture for sale, in the San Jose Ca area

2 bunk beds
ladder
bed rail
student desk with leather top
hutch for desk
chair with leather seat

From Kelli, 4/4/2011  10:04 AM

Please send me pics or a #where I could contact you my email is pumpkin-pumpkin @ sbc global.net

From rodger Armstrong, 3/29/2011  5:31 PM

Looking for a large dresser and twin headboard in the Young-Hinkle WINDJAMMER SERIES. wITH OR WITHOUT MIRROR.
mINT CONDITION. rodger armstrong. Located on the IN-OH border

From Frank, 3/29/2011  3:06 PM

We are in need of a set of railings for the Young-Hinkle Windjammer Series No. 194 bunk bed. This is the bunk bed that was used in ET. We also are in need of two hinges for the 5 drawer ice-box chest. If you know of anyone having these pieces please let us know. Thanks

From Patbilltrimble, 3/25/2011  9:18 PM

bedroom furniture, solid wood, Early
American style, queen headboard,
dresser, chest of drawers and 3 drawer night stand

From Lisa CU, 3/20/2011  9:32 PM

I have a 3 drawer dresser stamped "young-hinkle" but i don't know what style it is. Is there a resource online that can educate me on what i have so that i can describe it adequately should we decide to sell it?

From Patricia, 3/2/2011  1:38 AM

I have Young-Hinkle "Outrigger" Furniture for Sale (NW OHIO)
Beautiful sturdy solid wood, medium honey oak color with brass pulls
Bunk Bed Set includes Ladder, Rails, Bunky Boards, Mattresses (beds can be used separately)
(2) Corner Desks each with Chair & 3-shelf Hutch
Small Chest with 3 Drawers
Large Chest with 5 Drawers & 1 Compartment
Dresser with 3 Drawers & 1 Compartment
If interested, please email me at tlong@woh.rr.com
Thanks, Patricia

From Tom, 1/22/2011  7:40 PM

I have ET bedroom furniture available (Detroit area)
twin bed
double dresser (6 drawer/icebox 2 drawer bottom is a double drawer)
desk w/hutch and leather chair

will email picks
fflumpy@gmail.com

From Tom, 1/22/2011  7:36 PM

I have ET bedroom furniture available
twin bed
double dresser 6 drawer/ icebox with 2 drawer
desk w/hutch and leather chair

If interested I will email pics
Im in the detroit area

fflumpy@gmail.com

From Ashley, 1/21/2011  10:03 PM

I have the desk/hutch, 1 nightstand, and the tall dresser with the door for sale. I'm in Northwest Arkansas. Email me at aanderson1008@gmail.com

From jags, 1/21/2011  8:51 PM

One of the drawers in the Door Chest is coming off the rail. It seems the piece that hold the drawer from sliding completely out is broken. Any idea where I could get parts to fix the drawer slide?

From alfonso, 1/1/2011  9:42 AM

I have ET bedroom furniture available in mint to excellent condition (philadelphia,pa )

Bunk beds
guard rails
ladder
night stand
desk with leather top
bookcse with attaches
trunk

email me if interested cmason215@verizon.net

From ALFONSO, 1/1/2011  9:21 AM

I have the following et furniture, excellent to mint condition if you are interested in purchasing:

Bunk beds
guard rails
ladder
nightstand
desk with leather tobookcase with attaches
trunk

email me if interested   cmason215@verizon.com

From Lori, 12/3/2010  9:20 PM

We have this set for sale that includes a full-sized bed, night stand, desk with bookcases, and chess of drawers for sale. Please e-mail if you are interested at LoriLee108@hotmail.com

From Irene, 11/6/2010  4:52 PM

I have a Young Hinkle 1980's girl's bedroom set - Cape Cod (dresser, mirror, twin beds, cheval mirror, desk and chair all in pretty good condition. Where can I find out what they are worth so I know how much to ask for the set? Thanks - Irene

From theresa crawley, 10/1/2010  9:41 PM

my e-mail is tac0873@yahoo.com
Thanks-Theresa

From theresa crawley, 10/1/2010  9:39 PM

this is my e-mail please let me know if you have any of the ice box dresser.

From theresa crawley, 10/1/2010  9:37 PM

please e-mail me if you have any of the icebox dresser drawers and door. i am missing 2 drawers and the door.
I would appreciate anyone's help.
Theresa

From theresa crawley, 9/29/2010  12:34 AM

I have all of the ET furniture but unfortunately I need the ice box dresser drawers and door. Does anyone have any idea where i can get them made or purchase.

From theresa crawley, 9/29/2010  12:32 AM

I have the complete set of ET furniture but unfortunately I need two dresser drawers and the door to the ice box.
Does anyone have these they would like to sell.

From Traci, 9/25/2010  11:11 PM

I am looking for the bookcase/hutch for this set. I am in the Chicago area and am willing to drive a reasonable distance for this item. I'd also be interested in the underbed storage piece or trundle.

From shouston, 7/13/2010  8:36 AM

Adding my email address for anyone that would like to sell the full-size or queen-size bed:
swh507@yahoo.com

From shouston, 7/12/2010  8:29 PM

I am interested in purchasing a full-size bed from this collection. I have the bunk beds and a room full of the other pieces, but I need the larger bed so I can let my children have the bunk beds.
I live in Pink Hill, NC.

From L K Gammill, 6/22/2010  3:38 PM

I am interested in bunk beds in this set and possibly other pieces. I see from previous postings that several people have them for sale. Please email me at lkgammill@belsouth.net if you have beds available.

From Cindy, 5/8/2010  10:48 AM

I have several pieces of the Young-Hinkle Boy's Bedroom set that I am selling because I am turning the space into an office.
EXCELLENT CONDITION!
Bunk beds
guard rails
ladder
night stand
desk with leather top
bookcase which attaches
head boards
foot boards
I am located in Columbus, Ohio.
MicheliCCC@aol.com

From Andy, 1/21/2010  9:21 PM

I am looking for bunk beds and dresser from this set for my boys. Please email me. adbare@gmail.com
Thank you,
Andy

From Beth Towns, 9/20/2009  2:07 AM

We have the Young Hinkle bedroom set for sale also. We have the bunk beds, dresser with mirror, desk w/hutch and chair, nightstand, and small chest with hutch. It is in excellent condition. We live in Austin, TX.

From john, 9/2/2009  11:34 AM

I have the bedroom set for sale.

From Mary, 8/2/2009  8:11 PM

We had the complete set and still have one of the twin beds, the mirror and dresser, the desk and desk chair, and one of the nightstands. We purchased it for our son way years ago - he's now 28. We used the twin beds as bunk beds - they're so heavy and well made that we've hung on to them for all these years. A good family friend will soon be receiving and using the other twin bed for their young son who's grown out of a crib.

As far as value is concerned, they're so well made that I bet you could find someone who'd pay well for a bedroom set. As you must know, every piece is made like a tank and will never wear out -- all solid oak which impressed us when we purchased it in the 80s.

From nik, 6/10/2009  11:57 PM

i have a 2 desks 1 dresser and bunk beds/double twin... in the same style... think about getting rid of them. contact me... B1llybong
@hotmail.com

From LISA, 9/29/2007  10:27 PM

WE HAVE THE SAME FURNITURE SET, I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW WHERE I COULD BUY REPLICA HARDWARE?

From Richard, 8/10/2007  3:30 PM

I have the same question about the value of our ET furniture set. Has anyone been able to get a handle on this? Please reply.

Thanks --

From Katina, 8/1/2007  12:21 AM

We have the complete set (Twin Headboard, Dresser, Desk w/ Bookcase and Chair, Chest of Drawers (featuring old ice box design and unusual old newspaper lining), and Nightstand) of the boy's bedroom set from E.T. Due to it's distressed design, I can honestly say it's mint with very minor wear on desk chair.

From Ashley, 5/7/2007  11:57 AM

Hi, I actually have some Young Hinkle furniture as well and weas wondering the same question, if you do find somehting out could you let me know as well please? Thank you

Ashley