Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Norwalk Furniture Announces Appointment of Tim Newlin as CEO and President

Furniture World News Desk on 5/1/2024

Norwalk Furniture, a leading innovator in custom furniture design and manufacturing, is reported that Timothy (“Tim”) Newlin has been named President, Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”), and a member of the board, effective May 1, 2024.

Newlin brings over three decades of experience in the furniture industry, most recently having served as Vice President, Strategic Business Development at Flexsteel Industries (NASDAQ: FLXS). During his tenure at Flexsteel, Tim led multiple teams in sales, marketing, product development, and merchandising. He has long-standing relationships and a deep understanding of the industry that comes from his varied global assignments and love of the furniture business.

“The Board of Directors worked diligently to find the right leader to propel Norwalk into its next phase of growth,” said Dan White, Chairman of the Board. “With Tim’s combination of strategic leadership, innovative thinking, and operational excellence, he is uniquely positioned to advance Norwalk’s industry leading customer focus and accelerate our long-term strategy."

Norwalk has been producing high quality, custom upholstery for more than 100 years. In 2020, the company transitioned to being employee-owned, deepening its commitment to its employees and the surrounding community.

Newlin expressed his enthusiasm for joining Norwalk, stating “I am honored and excited to join the Norwalk Furniture team. The company has a fantastic heritage of craftsmanship and excellence, and I am committed to building upon that legacy by delivering exceptional products and service to our customers. My goal is to bring a great culture and a solid growth plan to an already engaged owner workforce. On top of all of that, it is also really special for me to be back in my home state near family and friends.”

About Norwalk Furniture:  Norwalk Furniture is a leader in custom furniture design and manufacturing, dedicated to crafting exceptional pieces that reflect timeless style and unparalleled quality. With a history of innovation spanning more than one hundred years, Norwalk Furniture is renowned for its commitment to craftsmanship and customer satisfaction. Norwalk has been employee-owned since 2020. For more information, visit www.norwalkfurniture.com.