Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Have A Table Made By "Watertown Slide"

I own a Watertown Slide, patent #g1262. It is dark wood with six self storing leaves. When closed, it looks like a dresser. When fully open, it is a table that seats 8-10 comfortably. I am trying to find out when this was manufactured and what the value is. The slide is all wood dowels. The only metal is the front drawer pulls that make it look like a dresser and the hinges for the side storage door.

Posted By Susan, 8/31/2005

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From bryarsnana, 7/4/2012  4:06 AM

I recently bought a water town slide table with 6 chairs it is stamped patented june 13,1899 - 0ct. 1,1912 made expressly for Louis F.Nonnast Sons Chicago Ill. I Would like to know some history of the table and the  maker .very pretty design dark wood needs refinished in great shape can not wait to get started. if any information is known  I  would love to hear !E-Maia@
l lnana2000laura@yahoo.com

From Susan, 7/29/2011  6:42 PM

Please email me at SchaumburgTeacher@gmail.com if you're interested in purchasing a GORGEOUS, all original--not missing a single piece, Saginaw Extend o matic buffet that pulls out to a 9ft (6 leaves) dining table!
I have a TON of pictures online, but you can't post links in the forum, so just email & I'll send you the links so you can take a look.

Thanks!
D

From Susan, 6/29/2011  10:32 PM

I just purchases a Extensole extension Dining room table with 6 leaves.
It's 42" wide & opens to 103". In pretty good condition- nothing broken but I'm having it refinished.   Looks like a side piece when closed.
It too was made in Sparta MI.

What is the history on these tables & approximate value. I can email pic.

From Kendall, 5/13/2011  7:11 PM

I have an oppertunity to purchase an Extensol table with leafs (7) that will seat 12 people comfortably. mahongany mint condition

what should i be looking at to pay for it

From Marie, 4/25/2011  5:23 PM

I have a watertown wooden slide for a table in working order for sale. contact me via email smoopie8500@yahoo.com

From Jan, 3/4/2011  10:25 AM

My Watertown slide table is stamped...made in Watertown, Wisc. 6 chairs , 6 legs with 'tin' feet. I thought it was mahogany (?) could be cherry. Looking for value as I plan on selling it along with the sideboard.

Thanks all.

From Cassandra, 2/28/2011  6:28 PM

We recently received a table made by extensole corporation. It has 4 matching chairs. The table is a dual drop-leaf and has 3 leaves. It is Dry Sherry finish. I believe the style is 3622-4. The table came with a table pad also. The table pad was made by Ohio Table Pad Co and the box is post marked Jan 1960. Does anyone have any information on this?

From Brenda, 12/3/2010  11:53 AM

I have a Watertown Table Slides Co. Dated Jan 13, 1899 and Oct 1, 1912 stamped on it. It's 5' round with 6 leaves and has 4 chairs. Anyone looking to buy, please let me know. The table is Oak with a center pedestal.

From wilson truitt, 11/29/2010  9:25 PM

have watertown slide table with 2 leaf table in excelent condition #2420787 would like ts sell.call 337-375=1325 .wilson

From Jeff, 11/20/2010  8:49 PM

I have a table with an Extensole placard on it as well as information stamped on it from the Jefferson wood working co. I believe the number on it is 8414-3 1482
The patent # on the table is 2268042
This table has 3 leafs that came originally in a solid wood leaf carrier or holder. I need help with its identy. it is either cherry or mahogany. Thank you in advance. I am interested in selling 714-240-4567 Jeff

From wilson, 11/8/2010  8:18 PM

i have a watertown slide table in great condition, with pat#2420787 looked up the pat # it is dated may 20 1947 .would like to find the value .we would like to sale.have not seen any photes are there any .please help.i am in louisiana.wilson

From Linda Walker, 10/17/2010  5:03 PM

Hello
I have a cheery drop leaf dinning tabel and 6 chairs when I matching buffet with three sliding doors and a pull out draw,the lady I got this from said he mother and father got this in 1941 its made by the The Watertown slide co.
I wanted to know if you could tall me what the value of this set might be,i can send you pictures of it

From April, 10/11/2010  3:32 PM

I purchased an Extensole Corp mini bar cabinet from a garage sale this summer. I was going to paint it but decided to do some research first. It’s 41”W, 20”D, 32 ¼ H . It has two cabinet doors but the big one is hinged in two sections so it looks like there are three doors. The side with the single door can be locked and has two shelves. The larger section has a drawer with a removable tray. A typed note taped on the back says that part of the back can be removed to accommodate a refrigerator. It’s in very nice shape with a just few nicks and scratches. The numbers on the bottom of the cabinet are 529 and 2903. I’ve looked on the internet but can’t find it anywhere.   I’m afraid to do anything to it until I know what I have. Any information about this cabinet would be helpful. Thanks.

From Catherine, 10/2/2010  5:55 PM

Hi;

For those of you looking for hardware for your slide tables, Moin Hardware sells hinges and other hardware for Watertown Slide mechanisms. Their number is (516)-593-7067. They also have a website.

I'm looking to replace the leaves for mine. Has anyone had any luck finding replacement leaves?

My table is a 20" by 40" secretary with decoritve pulls and clawfoot legs. Its top opens to a 40" by 40" table, with the base uplling out to support the weight. It also opens to 80" by 40", with a second set of legs that fold down from underneath, but I'm missing four 10" by 40" leaves needed to complete the top.

From Lisa, 9/10/2010  2:48 PM

Is anyone in Arizona looking to sell their expandomatic desk? I live in Phoenix and would rather buy one here than have one shipped from another state. Please email at lsi@cox.net

From Jenny, 9/2/2010  7:45 PM

We just purchased a table at an antique store. It has on the side Watertown Table Slide 852-1453 Patent # 2420787. I can't seem to find a time period as to when this table was made. Does anyone have any idea? I saw that Mike looked his table patent up on www.uspto.gov, but when I search my patent number, there is nothing found. So I am at a loss. All I know is that a lady at the antique store said it was older than what we thought. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

From B. RICCIARDELLI, 8/31/2010  1:33 PM

WE HAVE A WATERTOWN TABLE SLIDE. IT IS BLONDE WOOD AND HAS 6 LEAVES AND A DRAWER FOR SILVERWARE. IT OPENS TO 9 FEET BY 3 FEET. IT IS STAMPED WITH THE WATERTOWN SLIDE CORP. WATERTOWN WIS. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE APPROXIMATE VALUE OF THIS TABLE.

THANKS BARBARA

From J Thomas, 8/2/2010  2:09 AM

I have an oak table with 5 post legs and an apron. It says it is a Wtertown Slide dated 1898 made by F Opocensky in Lynch Nebraska. It has 5 leaves in their original crate. I'm wondering what it would be worth??

From Perry Jackson, 6/14/2010  5:16 PM

I have a set of furniture which includes a china cabinet, a buffet dresser (stores silverware), and a dining room table made with a watertown table slide. These pieces have been in my family since my childhood.I'm not an expert but these pieces look to be from the thirties or forties. They are all wood pieces with the original knobs and metal tips still in place. I also have a wood armoire with the original mirror intact. It could possibly be 100 years old. It is in excellent condition. The dining room set was obtained in IL in the mid-sixties.If you can give me any information on these items, I'd appreciate it.

From nic, 3/9/2010  11:06 PM

i have a table and chairs watertownslide with all pieces

From EDD BIRTCIL, 2/20/2010  9:54 AM

I just bought a Watertown slide table with the center folding leaf an additional two swing up end leafs. I paid $250.00 for the rectangle-shaped drop-leaf table with brass covered lion head feet. The table is in perfect shape and in our beautiful kitchen.

From Beverly Rowe-Bonds, 1/8/2010  11:00 AM

I have a watertown slide table dining room set

From warren levercom, 11/25/2009  12:10 PM

I have a octagon table that is approximately 50 years old or older that is like brand new and it has a watertown slide on it. Is my table worth anything.........it's in exellant condition.

From Art Anderson, 9/17/2009  1:28 PM

I, too, have a dining room table that reads "The Watertown Slide--made expressly for Excel Manufacturing Co., Rockford, Illinois--Patented June 18, 1893-Oct 1, 1912"
   Would be interested if anyone knows any more about this dining table and accompanying pieces. Style is William Henry IV (VI? or VIII?)
   The set was a wedding gift to my grandparents in 1914.

From Toni, 9/5/2009  5:22 PM

I have a table with the Watertown slide mechanism. I do not know who made the table. My grandmother purchased it years ago, since she was a very thrifty person I can't imagine her paying a lot of money for it. The top folds over so the table can be stored next to a wall, it has three leaves that are stored seperatley from the table, and extends to seat 6-8 comfortably. I did see a identical table in a antigue mall type store, they were asking $495,and stated it was 40's era table, and this was at least 5 years ago. I have had the table for at least 20 years.

From /kj, 8/21/2009  12:21 PM

I am trying to find hinges for : Extensole Corp. out of Sparta, Michigan.
It is "The Watertown Table" # 2982. I need 2 hinges for the side that lifts up

From J Budd Hovey, 7/17/2009  1:28 AM

Looking for the Watertown table slides for a William Tell Oak rectangular table that can seat approximately 8-12 adults. The table was purchased in approximately 1950. The table has two center sections. The table when center opened up and the ends in place measures 82" x 42".

The table is in excellent condition, but the slides are rusted and difficult to open and close said table.

I hope you can assist us. I thank you in advance for your service.

Sincerely,

J Budd and Sharon Hovey
1.868.2833 (Cell)

From antiqthiastic, 7/9/2009  11:14 AM

I have seen questions regarding the Watertown Table Slide Corporation (manufacturers of the slides only) but I have yet to see one in Chippendale style with nice hand-carvings (I believe it is hand-carved due to the unevenness in the flat areas of the legs by the carvings) including ball and claw in all four legs, with two additional straight center hidden legs for center support when table is open. A long time ago I saw an underneath marking with the year 1910. After two moves and a few years later I cannot find it anymore. The only reference is to the manufacturer of the slides and value range.
As best as I can tell, the table should be nearing 100 years of age. I wish I knew who manufactured this table
(opens to 56" x 40", perhaps more than 56" but I do not know the mechanism too well). It closes to a beautiful console 20" deep x 40" wide)antiqqs@aol.com

From Amber, 5/28/2009  2:09 AM

We have a blonde wood extensole from Sparta...top fold out leaf has broken hinge that needs replacement, but have leaves and all else is pristine. I cannot identify the wood and it appears MAHOGHANY was the wood of choice for these tables...however ours is a light wood and almost appears to be a veneer. Did they use veneer on these tables whatsoever??? Or is this just a wood I am unfamiliar with? It is very smooth to the touch like a veneer would be but the grain is small and doesn't seem to repeat so perhaps it is a thick sealant? INFO PLEASE???

From Cheryl, 3/22/2009  11:20 AM

I too have a Saginaw Table with the Watertown Slide in it. It was bought in Chicago about 1950 or so by my parents. We always called it the "pul-out" table. Mine is made of maple and very heavy. I would love to know the value of it!

From jack, 3/11/2009  4:26 PM

HI i got an old slide dinning table made by watertown.It has got six legs with metal small shoes.Has two wings, I tkink it maybe made of oak or cherry wood,but Im not sure.When the wings are down it looks like a dresser,when up its for 4 chears.when its slided its up to 10 people.Can you tell me something more about this table.I got many of pictures of it.Do you know maybe the price of table like this one????

From heather, 3/10/2009  1:20 AM

Hi,
I have an extensole dining room chair. I am trying to sell it, but do not know the value of it. It has Sparta, MI engraved in it. It also has a stamp that classifies the chair as a Regal with a number 788. Their is blue polyurethane foam cushion.

From Donna, 2/28/2009  10:28 AM

We received a painted oak table with four matched chairs, around the year 1977, from an aunt of my husband. It had been in the family for some time then. In 1979 we had it stripped and refinished. Much to our dismay, the woman who did the work later told us that it was a game table when she got the paint off. We didn't get to see any of the game top or how it was applied and would like to restore that if we could get the design. It has The Watertown Slide Stamped on the slide mechanism.
It is very heavy and has ornately turned and carved legs with supports that attach diagonally to the underside supports. It is beautiful and we are starting with this site to try to find out more about the table.

From linda, 2/23/2009  7:26 PM

we have a 60" round table made by watertown table slide co. Patented June 15 1890 watertown, wisconsin is written on the inside of the table when opened. There are no leaves but it is tiger oak and the mechinisum is really something. It is dowled inside when opened. Any info and value would be appreciated. Thanks

From Guest, 2/10/2009  8:00 PM

Watertown made the table slides. They never made furniture.

From Mike, 2/10/2009  7:33 PM

I bought a Extensole Corporation extension table at an auction . I found the US patent # 2420787. I went to the US patent web site at : www.uspto.gov and found the info I was looking for. On the left side of the home page click: Patents. Then click: Search patents. I had to download a program to view the information, but it was very easy just follow the instructions. I found drawings of the table. Made my day. Good luck every body!

From Debra, 2/10/2009  3:55 PM

Did any one ever get a answer to the question of Have a table made by Watertown? I also have one and would like to know when it was made and what it's worth?
Can any one help.

From Wendy, 2/8/2009  7:53 PM

I purchased a Extensole Corp game table at an auction. The patent # is 2353 2 12. The table has 5423-3 1750 stamped on it also. The table extends to seat 12. It is missing a couple of leaves. Any way how to find out were to get leaves to fit or any value the table may have?

From Corey, 1/28/2009  12:58 PM

I purchased a Conant-Ball ANT. Maple table with a conant-ball sticker on the inside with a Watertown Slide bottom. Any wat to price this?

From Susan, 1/2/2009  5:02 PM

I have an olive wood table purchased in Seattle in the early 1970s with a Watertown Slide mechanism. We need to separate the two pieces in order to move it through a narrow doorway. Does anyone know where the slide attaches and whether there is an acceptable way to separate the halves of the table/unscrew the slides from one side, or ??

Thanks!

From Ernest Raco, 10/20/2008  11:21 PM

I have an Extensole Drop Leaf Dinining table with Watertown slides made from solid Cherry Wood in the Duncan Phyfe Style.

Dimensions: 24" wide x 42" deep x 29" high (leaves down)

Dimensions: 54" wide x 42" deep x 29" high (leaves up)

Dimensions: 99 ¾” wide x 42” deep x 29” high (4 leaves inserted)

It is in very good condition with original “Dry Sherry“ finish.

The Drop Leaves rest against the base until they are opened. They are supported upon their original brackets. The table top is long and rectangular when fully opened and does not have a center split. To add additional leaves, the table parts between one drop leaf and the base top, up to four leafs can be added.

The corners curve softly.

The dining table is supported upon three rectangular shaped pedestals with graceful splayed legs. The legs are beautifully reeded and have smooth Ormolu Mounts upon the castor/feet.

I am looking for assistance to determine the approximate value and age.

Thanks

From Theresa, 10/20/2008  1:47 PM

We just purchased a table that bears a metal tag that says Hoosier New Castle, Ind. Patented October 16, 1923. It has "The Watertown Slide" mechanism. Does anyone have any information on this table? ANY would be great. Thanks.

From Lisa, 8/10/2008  4:03 PM

I also have an Extensole table Patent # 2420787 the last number may be an 8. It also has the name Scandia stamped into it with additional patent pending. I have several leaves and chairs but would also like more information and would like to get more chairs for it. It seats 10-12 and would love to accomidate that amount.

From Debbie Doughty, 8/9/2008  7:55 AM

I have a 1963 (model 869-4 extension table that I would like to get information on. I have several leaves and can sit 10-12 people. I seems very old and is in good shape.

From Jackie, 7/26/2008  11:51 PM

I have an Extensole table Patent # 2268042 that is missing some leaves as well. I am curious to find out more about it. It is a beautiful table and looks to be very old. Just wandering if anyone else has found out anything about their table. Please share the info if you have. Thanks

From norma, 12/25/2007  5:18 PM

I have a extensole table. It's missing the two leaves it came with. My mother purchased it circa 1970. It is mahogany. It was beautiful when we first purchased it. It has no patent no. It says "patent applied". Underneath in charcoal it says e101A74801-6.

From St, 12/2/2007  9:37 PM

Dori, have you ever received an answer about your table. I noticed it has the same patent number, 2268042, as the one I posted. I would appreciate seeing photos of it. This table is not complete. Thanks

From Stan, 12/2/2007  9:29 PM

I received an Extensole Corp table, model # 8452-3 3600, with "Viking" stamped on it. The patent on the table is #2268042 (Interestingly, one digit different from the one that "Kim" listed on 11-16-07. This one has a center leg patent # 2-152-262.
I too am curious about its origin and value. I also am interested in purchasing the leaves for the table, as all I received was the basic unit. Any help on origin and availability of parts is appreciated.

From Kim, 11/16/2007  10:44 PM

I also have just received an extensole table from Sparta, MI that belonged to my mom and her aunt before her. The patent matches the 2269042#. I am also looking for information on the table. I am trying to find out if it is solid wood, what kind of wood and also if anyone has done any restorations on one of these tables! I'm thinking about having the dooors replaced but did not want to change anything prior to researching it.

From Dori, 9/24/2007  9:30 PM

I have an extesion table made from extensole corporation of sparta michigan patent
# 2-268-042. I am trying to find out about it. Can anyone tell me about it?

From G. DeClue, 9/13/2007  12:40 PM

I have an Extension Table by Extensole Corp., Sparta, MI patten #22688 or 22686 (last 2 #'s could be 66 or 68) not sure but 201 is stamped on it, also 5 legs and extends (need leaves) quite long, someone had it out for trash, awesome table would like to learn more 841 -3 2100 stamped on wood as well. Anybody know about the year of make, hystory, value etc. on this one?

From V. Shannon, 4/22/2007  1:53 PM

I have a buffet table with Watertown Slide Mechanism. Per label: manufactured by Extensole Corp of Sparta, Michigan with #: 8420-2 1550 marked on the interior. The finish is worn with ring/water marks and erosion of the finish on all four legs.
Any more information would be greatly appreciated on its manufactured date etc. Any suggestions on restoration?

From Keith, 5/17/2006  7:38 PM

We have a Saginaw table similar to yours. If you were able to find any more info, please contact us.

From Wayne, 12/9/2005  5:15 PM

I have a table (Pecan wood) that is 48" long and 20" wide. It is built by Extensole Corporation, Sparta, Mich. It uses Watertown Slides to extend to 48" X 100" The slides are etched "Watertown Slides Watertown WISC".

From susan, 11/28/2005  10:34 PM

I received a reply from russell@furninfo.com. He asked for me to send digital picture. I haven't had an opportunity to do so yet.

From Kristin, 11/28/2005  3:28 PM

Did you ever get any information on your table? I have a similar item & cannot find any information on it.

From miquee haden, 9/14/2005  11:34 AM

I have a large square table with six leaves and spiral cut legs. The stamp "Watertown Slide made expressly for The Wisconsin Furniture Company June 13, 1890". Does any one have info on this table. We purchased it from the local Masonic Lodge. miqueejean@yahoo

From Guest, 8/31/2005  1:26 PM

This is probably an extensol extension table made by Saginaw. You can find more information on this item by clicking on the "search message boards" link above. Watertown Slide made the slide mechanism that allows the piece to extend. If you have a digital camera, send me some photos of the table, chest and mechanism (to russ@furninfo.com). I may be able to give you more information. -Russell