Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Seeking Kent Coffey

Hello! I recently purchased a Kent Coffey chest/dresser, from my local consignment shop. It is dark red-brown in color, and has a pristine lacquer-like finish... "X" shaped silver-colored handles. The Name "Titan" is marked in the top drawer, on the left. It is absolutely gorgeous in construction, about 5' wide x 5' tall. ART DECO. Why have I never heard of this company? (I come from Virginia after alll...) What are the pieces valued at these days?

Posted By Karen, 7/30/2005

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Karen, 8/12/2011  11:16 AM

My sister is downsizing and looking to release her Kent-Coffey 'Town House' queen size bedroom set. It included the high boy, the dresser with mirror, headboard, frame and 2 yr old box spring/mattress set. What should she be looking to get for the whole thing? I'm thinking in the current market, $650 +. Need to post on craigslist ASAP. Help is very appreciated.

From Meg, 3/27/2011  11:43 PM

I purchased a 5 drawer Kent Coffee The Courier dresser today.
I paid $200. Any opinions if that is too much?
Maybe we could start a Wiki page for him as we find info about our pieces?

From DENISE BERGQUIST, 11/7/2010  5:26 AM

HAVE 2 DRESSERS KENT COFFEY "DAUPHINE" ONE HAS MIRROR
LOOKING FOR SOME INFO AND /OR BUYER IN sO cA IN NEED OF SOME REFINISHING BUT COMPLETE AND ALL HARDWARE .DQUIST091391@MSN.COM

From KAS, 11/3/2010  9:38 PM

I have a Kent-Coffey "Town House" Furniture Set that I am interested in selling. Full headboard, footboard, side rails, bureau (chest of drawers), and long dresser with attachable mirror. Pictures are available. This set belonged to my parents and was manufactured in February 1965. Excellent condition. Located in Raleigh, NC. If interested, please email me at diamondeyes100@gmail.com.

From Mia Johnston, 8/29/2010  11:30 AM

I purchased a Kent Coffey "Teakway" dresser/credenza from an auction yesterday and would like the matching pieces if any. Who is Kent Coffey?? email me at miadynamite@gmail.com.

From connie, 7/31/2010  1:25 PM

I have 2 Kent Coffee dressers I'm interested in selling.They are the "Town House" style and in very good condition. One is the Highboy and the other the 9 drawer dresser with a mirror. We live in Findlay, Ohio. E-mail me at smingus82@gmail.com if interested.

From ken, 7/1/2010  4:29 PM

I just received a pair of Kent-Coffey 'Town House' matching night stands at our store. Sure wish we would have gotten the entire bedroom set, but alas...

Was wondering what price i should put on them? There seems to be a decent demand for them.

Thanks!

From Lisa, 4/9/2010  8:35 PM

I just purchased a dresser and chest of drawers. It is "the auburn" from Kent Coffey. Does anyone know where I could get night stands or the headboard to go with?

From LESTER M PERRY, 6/17/2009  10:15 PM

I HAVE SOME KENT COFFEY BED ROOM GROUP I HAS THE 2 NITE STANDS DRESSER,MIRROR ,AN THE 6 DRAWER CHEST WHAT IM LOOKING FOR ARE THE PULL HANDLES THAT GOESTO THE DRESSER DRAWERS I NEEDS 2 OF THEM, WHO AN WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THEM AT

From Christopher, 2/28/2009  1:23 AM

Just like jthompson, I too have a Kent-Coffey side table with a stamp marked "The Auburn". It's a two-tiered, light walnut finished table with the two rear legs sloping back at a 45 degree angle...looks flimsy at first sight, but is very solid, stable, and heavy! Found it one morning sitting out in a neighbors driveway on trash day!!! Was going to donate it to Salvation Army this week since downsizing to smaller home, until finding the same one on e-bay for sale with a "buy it now" price of $249!!! Needless to say it didn't go with the other stuff that day.     

From Lorraine, 2/14/2009  12:21 PM

I have a Kent-Coffee bedroom set purchased in the 1960's that has two broken dresser drawer pulls I would like to replace. They are very unique looking. Any ideas?

From jthompson, 11/14/2008  1:24 AM

I have a very retro looking side table the stamp says " Auburn Collection " Just wondering if there is any other info available from anyone else, not much info online

From Rolando Pagan, 8/20/2007  10:49 PM

About 15 years ago I purchased a 5 drawer dresser on a second hand store in Connecticut. The name of kent Coffey on a circle with the word "tempo" is marked on the top drawer, very simple look, but a great piece. about 40" wide X 46" tall. Recently, after seen that mark so many times I decided to search in the internet, and learn some history about this company. I would like to know more about the actual price on this kind of piece.

From LaVeeda Mullis, 4/24/2007  10:23 AM

I happened to have the 5 drawer dresser and the vanity dresser with mirror ...it was my parent's bedroom set..the headboard disappeared but i remember it has a child because it had these real neat slider doors......i am actually thinking about selling the items as i am remodeling my home.

From Susan George, 1/21/2007  1:55 PM

Looking for Kent-Coffey dresser drawer pulls to replace broken #K-8783 {Wheeler}
Dresser purchased new 1954.

Do you have ? If not, who/where ?

Thank you.

From Guest, 7/30/2005  2:06 PM

If you are looking for an inexpensive appraisal try www.whatsitworthtoyou.com or appraisals@furniturebrains.com. You might also find some information on this company by clicking on the "search message boards" link above and searching for this company. -Russell