Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Boeing furniture

I have an oak desk which I was told was made by the Boeing Company in the early 1920's. It is a simple design with a pull out drawer which has a lift top & ink well. The age is right, with dovetail joints, and a single shelve across the bottom. My question is how do I verify this the only marking is a stamped number.

Posted By Marianne, 3/17/2005

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Alisaradler, 2/20/2019  4:43 PM

I too have what I was told is a BoeingDresser with only a stamped number on the bottom. I will post a picture later but would love to see other pictures of Boeing furniture and the stamps to see if they match!!

From eurekaspr, 2/4/2014  8:25 PM

A mansion in Colorado Springs, CO had a set of bedroom furniture that matched the one on display at the Museum of Flight in Seattle.  But that was over 40 years ago.

From SRM, 4/4/2011  10:40 PM

If you are near the Seattle area, check out the Museum of flight. When I was there I saw a Boeing dresser on display and they talked a little about Boeing making furniture during the tour. Boeing made furniture for a brief time to keep their workers employed during tough economic times.

From Jeff Fleming, 2/21/2011  12:40 AM

I have a what I was told is a Boeing dresser I will post a picture soon.

From Richard, 12/15/2010  11:04 PM

I was reading about the furniture that Boeing built in 1918 and was wondering if anyone has any of them and if they have any pictures

From Jeff, 1/26/2010  7:46 PM

I have 1 broyhill village tapestry nightstand.... does anyone know what is it worth?

From Dan, 9/30/2005  5:16 PM

I too found a Boeing oak desk. It has a little placard that says boeing and has a number on it. It's a full size desk and in great condition. The finish is bad so I am going to refinish it, but the wood is excellent. Have you found any more information on Boeing furniture, or how to value an item? racer@wwdb.org

From Guest, 3/17/2005  6:36 PM

I don't have a clue. Perhaps some of our readers will be able to steer you in the right direction. -Russell