Over 141 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Twitter HyperLink RSS Feed Email Us  Login

Unagusta Furniture

Posted By Dave Labbe, 2/5/2005

Login to Reply to this Topic

I bought an old vanity at an estate auction. It has 3 mirrors ( 2 that swivel ) and has a drawer and a storage cabinet on each side. There is a stamp on the back that says " Combination Walnut Veneer and Gumwood, Unagusta MFG CO Item # 205 " Does anyone have any idea how old this might be, or the value of this piece? thanks.

Replies

From William, 4/8/2011  2:19 PM

Inherited two twin size Sleigh Beds. The label on the headboard indicates these beds were sold at Bloomingdale Bros store, Hunters Point Ave & Skillman St,, Long Island City, NY.   The listed manufacture is Unagusta Manufacturing Co, Hazelwood, NC. These pieces have a mahogany finish. I'm guessing they were purchased between 1930 - 1940. Any suggestion/estimate on value range? Reply to: wsw9305@aol.com

From Henk, 4/5/2011  9:07 PM

The Unagusta Company seems to be a mistery based on the above messages. We inherited a piece with a label stating: " #26 American Walnut, Unagusta Manufacturing Co.". It is believed that the furniture is from the mid to late 1920's as other furniture from my grandparents have a similar time period. If anyone knows the history of the company or the furniture, please post it.
Thank you, Henk

From Melissa, 4/4/2011  2:08 PM

Hi my grandmother just passed away and i have gotten her bedroom set here is the info i find on it . . Unagusta manufacturing company o/o NY furniture exchange, 206 lexington avenue
pineapple fruits on bed posts
#25 hazelwood, NC on different parts of the pieces of furniture
anyone have any idea where to get an appraisal ??
if so please email me
diva69ct@yahoo.com

From Mrs. C. Costanzo, 3/22/2011  9:36 PM

I have my parents bedroom funiture that is stamped Median Unagusta and would like to know if this is made by the original company in North Carolina or is it a knock off? There are two long mirrors over a triple dresser, two end lamp tables and a high dresser with doors hiding inner drawers and lower drawers also.
I would appreciate any info on these as I plan to sell the set.

From corrie, 3/2/2011  11:43 PM

have a del mungo 6 piece walnut set also sounds just like roulands foulds item. any help?

From kathy yeka, 1/24/2011  12:38 PM

I purchased a complete bedroom set by Unagusta Mfg. Co.with a #4 engraved on back. It also has picture of an indian, Chief Unagusta in full headdress. Set includes Bed w/head and foot boards which have a white flower embossed on top of both. Dresser w/3 mirrored top and dressing table w/3 mirrored top also High bow with doors which opens to 6 drawers. All have the accent of white flower. Does anyone have similiar set? Paid $400. for all pcs. from an antique shop in Illinois.

From ROLAND FOWLKES, 1/22/2011  9:15 PM

I HAVE FUNITURE MADE BY UNAGUSTA-DEL MUNDO . IT CONISTS OF TWO ONE DRAWER NIGHT STANDS,AN ARMOIRE WITH TWO BOTTOMDRAWS,FOUR TOP DRAWERS WITH TWO DOORS,A SIX FOOT LONG DRESSER WITH FOUR CENTER DRAWERS,TWO END DOORS WITHFOUR DRAWERS,A ROUR FOOT MIRROR. FUNITURE IS MADE OF MAPLE OR MAHOGANY IN GOOD CONDITION AND VERY HEAVY.CAN ANYBODY TELL ME A VALUE OR ANYTHINGY ABOUT IT?

From rolandf2011, 1/3/2011  7:10 PM

i have funjture made by del mundo by unagusta i would like to know the value of it

From karen, 12/22/2010  3:42 PM

Just bought six drawers dresser in maple, I believe, marked Forward Furniture by Unagusta. Drawer boxes are wood and dovetailed, think it's from the fifties, but top appears to be a veneer, and maybe not a wood veneer...anyone know about construction during mid to late fifties of streamlined pieces?

From bridgett c., 10/17/2010  12:06 PM

MY AUNT HAS RECENTLY INHERETED 6 PIECES OF UNAGUSTA FURNITURE.THESE PEICES ARE NOT VENEERED.THE FOOT AND HEAD BOARDS HAVE THE PINEAPLES DESIGN ON THE POSTERS.THE PIECES ARE VERY HEAVY AND ARE IN GREAT CONDITION.I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR INFO ON THE CO. AND PERSONS WHOM MAY HAVE INFO ON THE FURNITURE ITSELF AND COME UP WITH NOTHING.ANY INFO WOULD GREATLY BE APPREC.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE VALUE IF POSS.THANKS

Login to Reply to this Topic

• advertisement
    Technogel 0714
  • adverisement
    Tidewater 0714
  • adverisement
    Horizon 0914

• Advertisement
    borkholder1012
  • advertisement
    purecareenews01214

• Thomasville 110 Years