Over 141 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Twitter HyperLink RSS Feed Email Us  Login

Youngsville Star Mfg. Co.

Posted By Bill, 1/23/2005

Login to Reply to this Topic

I have an old pineapple post bed manufactured by Youngsville Star Mfg. Co. I can't find any information about this manufacturer and would like to determine the age of this bed. It has a label showing it shipped to someone in Alliance, Ohio, from Youngsville (can't read the state). Does anyone have any information about this company? ... what years they were in business, etc.? Thanks

Replies

From ralph, 1/16/2013  2:12 PM

Hello everyone,

I purchased a solid cherry dinning  table with a double gate leg drop leaf. the table is 1'inch thick Manufactured by Youngsville Star Manufacturing co. This also included 4 chairs w/ beautiful needle embroidered seat cushions, and a china hutch/ cabinet all solid cherry.

I know very little about except from what I have read here. I would like to sell it since we will be moving soon. Condition of this furniture (very good). Anyone interested in it buying? Of course I live in Indiana. contact by email with any info on the date of  Manufacturing or value...please rroberts10056@yahoo.com

Greatly appreciated

From franklin battaglia, 5/31/2012  12:48 PM

Sorry, forgot to post my e-mail address .
  it's    frankjb@verizon.net

From franklin battaglia, 5/31/2012  12:42 PM

Hi Bill ! I have a Mahogany bedroom set made by the
Youngesville Star Manufacturing co. My parents purchased it late 30's, early forties. It's Modern(Modernism) made out of African Mahogany. I have correspondence from Bruce and Gordon Kay regarding this set and a lot of history on the company. I am looking to sell it .

Good luck !  Frank

From Jackie, 5/2/2012  1:41 PM

Debby....thank you so much for the information.  I recently purchased an old vanity set (which still has the labels). I have refininshed it for my small boutique and skin care spa for a cosmetic display.  I knew it had to be quite special in its day because of the workmanship.  If anyone is interested, it will be posted on O Isabel's facebook page within the next week.

From debby417, 1/28/2012  10:27 PM

http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/states/pennsylvania?album=33&gallery=1267

Hi, Bill.
I came across your query while looking for furniture made by Youngsville Star Manufacturing. My grandfather worked for this company most of his life. I am currently caring for the son of the original owner of the company, now in his 80s. This is a company located outside Youngsville PA. According to Mr. Kay, it was first the Forest Manufacturing Company. It was purchased by his father and became the Youngsville Manufacturing Company. Mr. Kay came back from WWII and into business with his father, as did his brother. The company employed a great many 'foreigners' according to Mr. Kay, and they were the craftsman, the back bone of his company. Mr. Kay's father bought out Star Manufacturing, which was located over the border, in Jamestown NY, and at that time the company was renamed Youngsville Star Manufacturing. Their furniture was almost exclusively cherry, and most of it was shipped from our sleepy little part of the world to NYC.

The claim to fame is that the company custom built the bedroom furniture for General McArthur's room at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. My grandfather was one of the craftsmen for that.

My grandfather has been gone nearly 20 years now, and he died a very old man. I'd be much interested in having a piece of furniture from the company, just for my own memories. We have rehabbed a 15 room, 3 story home, and for the first time in my life, I have empty places with no furniture.

debby_hornburg@yahoo.com

From Bill, 8/13/2011  4:47 PM

This message is to Patrica Monaco i have the same mirror that you have ,but don't much about it ,if you find out anything please let me know. This i have was my grandfather shaving mirror.

From Bill, 7/14/2011  7:08 PM

Youngsville-Star was in business in the early fifties. It was one of the highest price and highest quality furniture I ever handled. There solid cherry was the thickest and heaviest I have ever seen. A bedroom outfit would run and $ 4,000 dollars.   A trible dresser, standard bed 4/6, large chest, and 2 nite stands. We still have the complete set.

From Bill, 6/27/2011  11:37 AM

Hello, I found two very ornate night stands or end tables set out on the curb for trash. They have two mesh covered doors on the bottom, topped by a wide shelf then on the top of the piece is a thin drawer topped with a pull out table top between the drawer and top of the stand. They are painted with several layers of yellow paint, and have very ornate hardware, i believe mad from brass. The whole stand is very curvy in apperance. They have the paper tag you all speak of. Just wondering if anyone has a piece like mine, or any idea what the value is. You can contact me at batty956@yahoo.com. thank you!

From GIB MASON, 6/2/2011  11:41 AM

The building is still there. We built our prom in the old factory in 1963.

From arlenekucan, 5/18/2011  9:13 AM

I recently purchased a Youngsville country French bedroom set dated April 1952. It is cherry with a triple dresser having 12 drawers, gents chest, 2 end tables and a mirror; and set of twin beds with low carved footboards. It is truly a work of art. The original shipment was sent to Buffalo from Pa. The detail is amazing; I have been going to auctions for 19 years and have never seen anything like this. It was purchased from a couple who were selling their home and moving west. My thoughts are that when furniture of such high quality comes along; there is just so much they can manufacture.

Login to Reply to this Topic

• advertisement
    Tupelo 2014 side furninfo
  • advertisement
    Nourison0614 vegas
  • advertisement
    dormeo0714
  • advertisement
    Technogel 0714
  • adverisement
    Tidewater 0714

• Advertisement