Over 141 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Twitter HyperLink RSS Feed Email Us  Login

Looking For Brickwede Company

Posted By Guest, 10/4/1999

Login to Reply to this Topic

I have a mahogany Duncan Phyfe-style buffet with a brass plate in the top drawer that says "Brickwede" I've been unable to learn anything about this firm. Can someone possibly provide some background information (where manufactured, brief company history details, etc)? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Replies

From Guest, 7/27/2011  11:12 AM

We are moving to a smaller and need to sell a Brickweded dining table with 2 butterfly extension panels, custom made felt pad, 4 straight back chairs, 2 end chairs with arms, and a matching buffet. The buffet has one long drawer, 2 short drawers, and two side cupboards. Mahagony colored wood. We purchased the set from the original owners. Mfg in the late 30's, early 40's. All are in very good condition.

From Guest, 7/13/2011  12:43 PM

Recently purchased a sideboard from a thrift store. It's in pretty good condition. Needs some TLC. Top has some water marks. Few splits in the wood. Inside top drawer has the oval plate "Brickwede". Drawer pulls might be brass plated. Number stamped on the back is b-b-co 253. Two long drawers. Top has two smaller sections with felt for silverware. Bottom has cabinet doors. It looks like walnut doors possibly also used mahogany. Any information on this would be great. Love the piece - plan on keeping it.

From Guest, 7/5/2011  5:39 PM

Brickwede started in 1850's making tea tables and fireplance mantels. Earlier furniture is quarter sawn oak as wide as 21 inches with solid oak bottoms in drawers
He made obviously handed the business down to sons or grandsons and it becane Brickwede Bros Fine Furniture and used a squar brass tag from 1917 to 1959.   Earlier furniture had an oval tag in the draw of side boards that said just Brickwede.   Side boards like mine with the oval tag are estimated to have been made cs 1890's to 1916
Based on the materials hardware type of carvings and other factors my estimate of my side board is 1895-1905
If you want photo email genr29@longlines.com

From Guest, 6/29/2011  3:46 PM

Hi - I am really happy to find this. cool job!

From Guest, 6/25/2011  3:12 PM

Spanking Video

-----

From Guest, 6/25/2011  2:03 PM

Hi - I am really happy to find this. great job!

From Brian Porter, 5/31/2011  1:50 PM

My great grandfather on my mothers side of the family was the owner and founder of Brickwede furniture. The company was located in Marietta,Ohio. It started originally as a builder of wood Mantles for fireplaces and evolved into a manufacturer of ktchen, dining room and bedroom furniture. If you have other specific questions, please e-mail me at bporte60@sbcglobal.net

From Mary Lee Gecowets, 5/17/2011  9:18 AM

Interested in selling a Brickwede china hutch, glass sliding doors on top, drawers and cabinet doors below. very good condition, Value...make offer.

From Lisa, 4/26/2011  12:02 PM

E-mail contact for above message is crazyforkids@hotmail.com

From Lisa, 4/26/2011  12:00 PM

We recently replaced our inherited Brickwede set and looking for information regarding the possible value. Our set includes a 3 pedestal drop leaf table in great condition with 2 extra leafs and pads, 4 fabric covered chairs (need recovering and a little extra TLC) and a 42" china cabinet, all in walnut. Original tags included list manufactured date of 1957. Please e-mail or respond with any information you might have. Thanks!

Login to Reply to this Topic

• advertisement
    Technogel 0714
  • adverisement
    Tidewater 0714

• Advertisement
    borkholder1012
  • advertisement
    purecareenews01214

• Thomasville 110 Years
  • Adverisement
    Isuzu 0814