Over 141 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Twitter HyperLink RSS Feed Email Us  Login

Expandable Dining Table

Posted By Guest, 8/12/2003

Login to Reply to this Topic

I am looking for a source for an expandable dining room table. It looks like a solid buffet with handles on the front that looks like a drawer. It has double doors below. When the handles are pulled, the table and two legs come out. When you continue to pull, "stringers" continue to come out that support several leaves (which I think are stored behind the doors in the cabinet below). The table can be expanded to seat 12. The friend who bought one over 30 years ago found that it was made by Saginaw Furniture Shops, a division of Warwick Electronics, Inc. in Chicago.

Replies

From Michigan Resident, 11/21/2012  12:25 AM

If you are still looking for the Expanding Table, please see my very recent submission (on 11-19-12). If you are interested, please e-mail me. By the way, where are you located?

From Guest, 7/29/2011  6:47 PM

EMail SchaumburgTeacher@gmail.com for a link to a ton of pictures of an expand-o-matic, all original, completely complete (down to every last leaf, peg, & knob) buffet that converts to up to a 9ft dining table. This piece is gorgeous, I just don't have a use for it & know there is someone out there who would use & appreciate it.

I can't post a link on the forums, so please email me for pics & complete details.
I'm in a NW suburb of Chicago.
Thanks!
D

From Lisa, 4/29/2011  8:40 PM

Hi- I have a saginaw blonde wood "waterfall" buffet table - circa 1960s. (the wood had either 1961 or 1967 stamped into it- **in photo), with 2drawers and two doors in which the table pulls out.

It is in good condition. There a few chipped pieces of wood at the bottom, appears to be from dragging/moving it, some normal wear noted to the wood drawers, but it does expand out. My mother found this antiquing near chicago and is now in my house near houston texas. I have twin toddlers and am single, do not need these type of antiques around, just looking to give it a good home. someone who will appreciate it for the amazing item which it is!!!!!

No chairs, email me for pictures. if you are able to have it shipped or picked up, it is yours for only $400

please email me if interested, i can email photos to you - skydive108@yahoo.com

From La Donna, 3/27/2011  12:02 AM

Hello,
I have a Expandway by Saginaw dining table,game table, hobby table, sewing table or work table. It is in excellent shape. Expands 80" to 110" and will seat 8-12.
It is in a dark mahogany color. It does look like a double door buffet but it pulls out to a table. All the sleeves and center support leg are included. No chairs. I'm located in the St. Louis area and would like to sell it. Pictures are available. Asking 900.00 for the table. If interested please email me at morebaskets@sbcglobal.net.   

From Diane, 3/6/2011  5:09 PM

I have a table that looks like a buffet, pulls out to table. Told it is nicer than what some call "expandaway" or "Saginaw". There is no manufacturer to be found, except it has watertown slides inside. Excellent condition!, glass piece on top to protect wood, Dark Mahogany color, 5-6 leaves, No Chairs. Asking $950.00. Must Pick Up in Madison, Wisconsin, or arrange shipping.
I also have a matching kidney shaped desk for sale, six drawer, glass top, with chair $850.00. For pictures, please contact me at: lillgal45@yahoo.com

From sonder, 2/22/2011  12:11 AM

ive got a extensole corporation
             sparta michigan
             extension table
id like to sale for 700.00 or best offer

From Pam, 2/3/2011  1:50 AM

I have one and its in great shape (double door on the front with leaves inside medium wood coloring, brass look pulls on it. I believe it was purchased i the eary 70's. Nice piece of furniture. We are moving and need to lighten our load...In NJ

From Debbie, 1/19/2011  6:26 PM

Loved finding this site! I have something similar that I grew up with in the 1950's and am down sizing so would appreciate help with value or offers! I am just outside Tulsa, OK. It appears to be cherry wood and finish although finish is showing some wear in areas. It is a telescoping buffet table 62"W x 20.5D x 30.75T. Table width is 40" with one 12" built in leaf and 5 addt'l 12" leafs. The middle false drawer that pulls out to extend the table is flanked on either side by 10.5" drawers. The middle shelf has a 32" real drawer flanked on either side by 10.5" drawers and then the bottom shelf. Have not been able to locate any manufacturer but my Mom bought all of the household furniture at Hanna's of Brookside in Tulsa which was 'the' place go back in the day. Any thoughts? Appreciate it!

From CJ, 12/15/2010  11:53 AM

Hellooooo! I, too, am looking for an expand-o-matic table with leaves in at least good to better condition. I live in Raleigh, NC and would drive 2 hours to pick one up. anyone in the area ready to sell? my email is mzbluebird@gmail.com. thanks so much!

From Gail Vincent, 12/13/2010  9:27 AM

I am looking for a Saginaw expansion table that looks like a buffet table when closed. It pulls out from front and in 2 door drawer are the six leafs. I live in the Milwaukee , Wisconsin area. Chairs not needed. Color optional. My e-mail address is ponchodayo@yahoo.com

Login to Reply to this Topic

• adverisement
    Tidewater 0714

• Advertisement
    borkholder1012
  • advertisement
    purecareenews01214

• Thomasville 110 Years
  • Adverisement
    Isuzu 0814

• niwa 0814

• Advertisement