Over 141 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Twitter HyperLink RSS Feed Email Us  Login

INFO ON MORGANTON FURNITURE

Posted By Mark, 11/11/1999

Login to Reply to this Topic

Gentlemen/Ladies: My parents purchased a mahogany dining-room set (mahogany stain) in the 1950s consisting of a table, table extension, 5 chairs, 1 captain's chair, and a breakfront with 3 curved drawers, 2 small glass panels, and a glass door. I would like to locate the matching buffet, or at least a diagram or picture of it. The top breakfront drawer has the branded seal "Morganton." The number 4420 is stamped on the table and extension bottoms. The number 4413 is stamped on the breakfront back. The number 4408 and "Stratton 41" are stamped on the chair bottoms. The set was purchased from Belknap Hardware in Louisville, KY, who probably obtained it from Longtown Supply Company in Longtown Tennessee. Any assistance in obtaining information about the buffet or dining-room set would be appreciated. Thank you,

Replies

From IndyGal, 10/12/2013  3:18 PM

Hi, folks....I have a 1950 Morganton china cabinet (excellent condition w/ key), buffet, table w/ 3 leaves and 6 chairs (4 regular chairs + 2 upholestered captain's chairs) for sale.  Belonged to my grandparents who originally purchased in 1950; came from their home to mine.  ALL are in excellent condition.  Any interest ? 

From IndyGal, 10/12/2013  9:54 AM

Hi, folks....I have a 1950 Morganton china cabinet (excellent condition w/ key), buffet, table w/ 3 leaves and 6 chairs (4 regular chairs + 2 upholestered captain's chairs) for sale.  Belonged to my grandparents who originally purchased in 1950; came from their home to mine.  ALL are in excellent condition.  Any interest ? 

From hemidale, 8/9/2013  2:24 PM

Hey Deborahblack61  ...do you still have the Morganton corner china cabenet for sale....thanks Dale.

From deborahblack61, 1/5/2013  7:49 PM

Hi, I have a Morganton corner china cabinet and is numbered on the side, it's solid Mahagony with bowed front glass doors, I believe it's mid 1930's or 40's but cannot find any info on mine, it has decorative handles to the doors(not the key type) Looking to sell it, anyone have any ideas?

From Mark, 8/6/2011  7:03 PM

I have an old Morganton Buffett that has been in the family for nearly 60 years. It has been moved several times, so it is not in perfect condition. It is in very good condition and has all original hardware. I am wondering if it is worth anything to anyone has similar furniture in the Georgetown, Texas area. If not, it may be going into a yard sale next Saturday, August 13, 2011. I will be asking $150 - $200. If anyone thinks this is too much or too little, I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

From Mark, 6/30/2011  2:07 PM

I purchassed a curved nesting chair w/ ratin sides &velvet back & seat.The tag reads Morganton Chair Inc. No. 4 Morganton NC. P.O. Box 1056. Can anyone tell me how old it is? I paid $10.00 @ local goodwill.        &nb sp;         &nb sp;  

From Judith KIrkey, 6/16/2011  4:10 PM

I have a Morganton piece of furniture which is Mahogany and of the Tidewater collection. It has a wheat shaff on the top of the piece. It is three shelves with a cupboard below with 2 doors. Does anyone have any info on this, such as value and where I would sell it. We are moving and their is no room in the new place for it.

From lainey g, 6/12/2011  1:49 PM

@ leslie roods
i have one of those dressers and this is literally the first place i have even heard anyone mention them at all. mine is a fully painted and guilded with 4 large drawers two small drawers on the top outers and one large skinny drawer onthe top center . i believe its in the italian provincial style as well. if you can find out anything more about this style it would be spectacular as ive been researching for almost a full year to no avail!!! i guess it is extremely rare and i want to continue putting my set together. i need those bedside tables! :)

From James Howard, 3/7/2011  9:01 PM

I emailed Drexel and they were very helpful. They told me that the model for the end tables is "T-squared" and that the last two number groups are the dates that they were constructed (7-58). Also wrote that the records for the company were tossed away in the 70's after Drexel bought Heritage furniture. Bummer. Does anyone out there have any information on the "T-Squared" line? Thanks

From James Howard, 3/6/2011  8:56 PM

My girlfriend and I purchased 2 elegant Morganton side (end) tables at an estate sale and we'd like to know more about the history of the company, aside from what's already on this thread. Can anyone help? We'd be interested in finding out what they are worth. Thank you.

Login to Reply to this Topic

• advertisement
    Technogel 0714
  • adverisement
    Tidewater 0714

• Advertisement
    borkholder1012
  • advertisement
    purecareenews01214

• Thomasville 110 Years
  • Adverisement
    Isuzu 0814