Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Tips to remember while choosing a living room furniture

Choosing your living room furniture can be really tough. You always have to make sure that you select the right kind of furniture that blends well with the room and lasts a long time with little maintenance. I recently bought some recliners from a living room furniture store in calgary  . I did some research online before deciding on what recliner I wanted. Always have a clear plan in mind. Imagine what you want your living room to look like and select chairs and sofas that would compliment the room. It has always been said that rooms designed in monochromatic hues always tend to depress people. A room with well-balanced colors not only becomes a great work of art but will look more visually pleasing too. Here are a few tips I read from a home improvement blog called apartment therapy, it gives you a clear picture on how to choose the right kind of furniture for your living room. 

1) Construction: When it comes to construction, always avoid particleboard and light aluminum frames.Solid wooden frames last longer and is a standard for fine furniture.

2) Fabric: If you are selecting a piece of furniture that you are going to use on a daily basis always choose a slightly darker fabric. Light colored fabrics are more formal and would be better in a foyer or a bedroom.

3) Size: Always select the right size, it would also be a good idea if you measure the room and doorway before you make the purchase. 

Posted By milanne, 4/18/2017

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies