Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

For Sale: Saginaw Expand-O-Matic Telescoping Dining Table for Six, with Leaves

I am selling a Saginaw Expand-O-Matic dining table for six with leaves in NYC, for $600. 

These are rare pieces, made in the 1940s and 50s by the Saginaw Furniture Shops for small spaces. The piece looks like a small buffet when closed, and when the telescoping top is pulled out and all four leaves are put on, it can seat up to six people along the sides, and one more could also sit at the end. It could also be pulled out with one leaf for a desk, or 2-3 leaves for seating for four. Very handy.

When fully closed, it's only 20.5" inches deep and can extend to 7 feet. It's 39 inches across and 30 inches high. All four leaves fit inside the cabinet when not in use, and there is extra room for whatever you need to store.

There are some chips to the veneer because of its age (mostly to the corners of some of the leaves, as they are hinged in the middle, and a bit at the bottom of one of the legs), but it is in overall great condition for its age. The pull-out mechanism works perfectly. 

Pictures at:
https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/atq/6001425117.html

If you're interested, please contact me through the Craigslist link.

If you're not in NYC, I can arrange for delivery if you're in a neighboring state (e.g., NJ, Connecticut), or in upstate NY, etc. If you're further out in the northeast, we could discuss that too. Unfortunately I can't ship it further out.

Thanks!

Posted By NYCExpandomatic, 2/14/2017

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies