Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Should Be Backs Remove Me From My Next UP?

I enjoyed reading your article on the Up System in the furniture store, what is done when a Be Back customer who checked out fabrics has returned to order? 

The customer asks for the sales person,  the sales person 
works with the customer.  this is what just happened in my store, I was removed from the up board as getting an up, I feel that because it was a be back ready to order, that is not an opportunity to a new customer so being removed temporally from the up board is fine, but should go back not he board as the next available up.

They count be backs as ups, I have never worked anywhere where that is done, can you clarify this for me

Regards,
Stef

Posted By Stef, 3/31/2015

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Stef, 3/31/2015  1:46 PM

POSTED FOR JOE CAPILLO

Stef, here's my take on your question:

Under my system, you would return to the board in the same position PROVIDED that you could show me evidence that you had contacted (followed up) with that be-back customer in the interim between her last visit and this one. If the customer asked for you, that's a good thing, and your reward would be getting back in the original position. Be-Backs should be counted as UPS because every time one comes in, the company has to provide them with a salesperson - so a "new" opportunity cannot be had during that time. Once any customer leaves the store without buying, we never know whether they'll "be back". If you did no follow up, in my world it's anyone's customer unless they specifically ask for you. 

the reality is that new, first-time customers on a new furniture-buying project buy 10% of the time while be-backs returning on the same project buy 75% of the time. You should be trying to get as many be-backs as you can, and you do this by doing the right things the first time, and doing things right by following up with everyone.

The way you see this problem is the problem.

Joe Capillo
Top Line Strategies