Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Help: hardware for Ethan Allen American Impressions bed frame

Hi there, I bought an Ethan Allen American Impressions bed frame from someone but it didn't include any of the assembly hardware (bolts, brackets, etc.)--all I have is the head board, foot board, side rails and the slats.  I've visited my local Ethan Allen store and so far all they've told me is that replacement hardware isn't available, and although they were awaiting a call back form the factory with some info on how I might find a set or make my own from what's available at a hardware store (I would need dimensions of the various nuts and bolts), I haven't heard back from them in some time and have since spent several rather fruitless hours searching on the internet.

Does anyone know where I might be able to locate either 1) the hardware for this bed frame 2)information that provides the dimensions/specifications of the hardware?

Thanks in advance if you can help in any way.

Posted By outofoptions, 8/31/2014

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From shellywood816, 9/27/2017  5:56 PM

Hi, 

I also have an american impressions bed and I am missing the hardware. Cannot find anyone who can help me find comparison hardware because the bed is discontinued. 

American Dimension Bed. 

From shellywood816, 9/27/2017  5:55 PM

Hi, 

I also have an american impressions bed and I am missing the hardware. Cannot find anyone who can help me find comparison hardware because the bed is discontinued. 

From outofoptions, 10/4/2014  6:01 PM

Time4me12: Thanks for that suggestion! Since I posted this I was able to get back in touch with the lady who sold me the bed frame and she found the four sets of bolts. Also, I was incorrect in that my frame is an American DIMENSIONS, not Impressions. In place of that resolved question I have two more, unfortunately:

1. There are 4-5 pairs of slats that came with the frame, each pair consisting of a metal slat and a thicker wooden slat, but I can't determine which one goes on top of which, any ideas?

2. Embedded In the center of each wooden slat is a metal nut that appears to be meant to have something screwed into it, and, while browsing for pictures of Ethan Allen bed frames, I noted several where the slats each had a wooden support that acted as a sort of foot between the floor and the slat--is this also something I'm missing, or was it only an option depending on the weight of the mattress used?

Thanks to you and anyone else who can help.

From Time4me12, 9/24/2014  9:06 AM

Hi,

I just purchased an Ethan Allen bed that was missing two of the bolt covers. Ethan Allen does not go out of their way to help a consumer buying a second hand product, that's for sure. However most of their older pieces are quality made pieces and worth buying on craigslist.

That being said, I am ordering new bolt covers from Horton brasses who makes most of the hardware components for high end furniture. The bolt covers I need are about $7.00 a piece. I have another D.R. Dimes bed that came with Horton Hardware so I've seen the quality. You will not be disappointed. You can order parts right online for whatever you are missing and will love it!
Good Luck!