Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Question About Mattress Cushioning

'm a mattress salesman at my local Sears store and I've made it a goal of mine to really learn the ins and outs of mattresses. I tried to google something but I wasn't able to find an answer, I did however find your website and I thought that you could help me with something. I was trying to find out about mattress upholstery layers and their importance, how they affect the life of the mattress, and how I use the upholstery as a selling point. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely Aaron.

Posted By adeter, 8/1/2014

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From adeter, 8/1/2014  12:48 PM

I'm not sure if you found our Better Bedding and Mattress Sales Series, but if not, check out...

There is a lot of information there on mattress materials. Check out specifically "Bedding Anatomy 103" and search for the term "body impression".

I would also purchase David Benbow's book "How To Win The Battle For Mattress Sales" and Gerry Morriis' book "Sell More Beds, Guaranteed".

David's book can be purchased at http://www.bedsellersmanual.com and Gerry's  can be found on Amazon.com. 

My take on the upholstery laters is this... lesser quality materials or materials that shift will negatively impact comfort over time by making body impressions more likely.  Also very thick mattresses with lots of upholstery layers can be more prone to body impressions. 

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Russell

Russell Bienenstock
Editorial Director
Furniture World Magazine.