Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Closing ratio & purchases

Over the past few months, we've made changes in our store to make certain we're getting the most accurate data. The best thing we've done so far is installed a Trax counter eliminating inaccurate manual counts.
           My question is relating to the way purchases are distinguished and tracked. We specialize in rustic furniture. Being that there aren't too many retailers who are devoted to one style of furniture we've created a great niche in our local market. Often people come in simply to buy accessories, wall art, or rustic hardware. So my question is simply do we count these purchases as part of our normal closing ratio?
      Currently we're only counting furniture purchases as actual orders. My reason for this is motivated partly by there being little to no interaction with a salesperson, after all that is the main reason that closing ratio is used. I also understand the salesperson's point-of-view, they do not wish to lower their average sale when someone buys a .99 knob or a $20 accessory.  Sales people are happy to assist these shoppers as any other but there often is no influence from any staff member to buy.

Should we still consider all purchases sales, no matter what size? --or continue segmenting them?

Posted By jgood, 7/31/2014

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies