Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

SEEKING INFO ON BISSMAN WALNUT FURNITURE

I am looking for information on some walnut furniture that belongs to my mother, It is walnut and the only label is Bissman Walnut. It consists of a dining room table with 6 chairs, a desk and a coffee table. The desk and coffee table are kidney shaped. I think this furniture was bought in about 1953 in Parsons, Kansas, Any information would be appreciated, Thank you.

Posted By Gary Hataway, 4/3/2002

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Gary Hataway, 7/29/2011  7:06 PM

I Have a Bissman dining room table + 6 chairs + a two- piece china buffet for sale from my Mom's estate. Great condition.

From Rob, 5/5/2011  12:25 AM

How can I tell if I have a bissman table?

From Amanda, 2/13/2011  4:30 PM

I have a Bissman table and two lyre back chairs that were my great grandmothers. I would like to purchase more chairs if anyone is willing to sell them.

From steve, 7/28/2010  10:38 PM

i know someone who has a Bissman table and chairs he might part with. its ironic that he is within a mile of the Bissman house here in springfield

From Carol Johnston, 11/29/2009  5:08 PM

Carl Bissman manufactured this furniture during the 1940's and 50's. His furniture is unique and extremely well made.
The company is no longer in production since Mr. Bissman's death, but there MAY be some around Springfield.
Google:   www.UHNASPRINGFIELDMO.com to find out more about this man who lived very modestly all his life, just a few blocks from my house.
He was certainly a perfectionist!
C. Johnston

From donnie, 4/28/2008  9:13 AM

we have recently went to arthur ill to get some
furniture out of storage and i do belive that
our table and chairs are bissman they are all
stamped january 31 1957 . it is a table with
6 chairs . could some one tell me what it is worth

From beverly, 3/8/2008  1:51 PM

I have a solid walnut bissman bedroom set. It is in great condition. I would like to know more about it also. The set is stamped with the name" Bissman" and it reads "Springfield, Missour, solid walnut". I would love to purchase additional pieces to this small set, so if anyone has any information on how to aquire more pieces of this furniture I would appreciate a response.

From mary ellen, 2/22/2008  9:28 PM

I inherited my mother's solid walnut Bissman Walnut Dining room set. It has six chairs, a buffet and she had also purchased a kidney shaped desk, two step end table and a larger step corner table. They are in beautiful condition. Were purchased in the early 1950's. My parents also lived in Kansas. I think the furniture was ordered from Missouri. It is wonderful furniture made with good quality.

From rick bliss, 12/14/2007  10:37 PM

I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SET OF SIX LYRE BACK OR HARP BISSMAN SOLID WALNUT CHAIRS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION THAT
IF ANY INTEREST IN PURCHASING THEM, I WILL PUT ON EBAY AUCTION OR ? LET ME KNOW ASAP BY EMAIL AND WILL SELL.

From J. Walton, 12/29/2006  8:45 PM

I, too, have the dining room table..(would love to have
more chairs). Bissman furniture was located in
Springfield, Missouri. My parents lived in Coffeyville,
Kansas. It is solid walnut and still beautiful. I'd
love to know more about the company. We could probably
ask the
Springfield Historical Society...

Hope this helps...
Joyce

From Russell at Furniture World Magazine, 6/24/2004  11:02 AM

Sorry, I don't have any information on this manufacturer, but will post your message for additional response.