Over 147 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry

M0nitor Furniture Company

Posted By Kyle L Short, 1/9/2008

Login to Reply to this Topic

I purchased at an auction a tall secretary desk and in the drawer it stated in was made in Jamestown NY. I have been unable to locate any information about the company. I need some help!

Replies

From Kyle L Short, 7/18/2011  11:13 AM

Recently purchased a dining room set (monitor).
It's a 96" rectangle with two 14" leafs for the ends.
Six chairs (4 ladder chairs and 2 captain ladder chairs).
They all are four rung ladder chairs and are beautiful.
Also have a hutch.
Looking for ANY info. on this set.
Will not sell of course, just looking for some history,
I was told lady had them at least as early as 1986.

Appreciate any help.

John

From Kyle L Short, 7/9/2011  9:19 AM

Linda, I may be interested. Please email me at arkyrab@aol.com.

Sharon, I would like your coffe table also.

From Kyle L Short, 7/8/2011  10:29 AM

I have a Bucks County provincial wild cherry SLEIGH shaped coffee table made by Monitor Furniture Co. Would like to sell if anyone is interested.

From JoAnnF, 6/11/2011  10:43 AM

I have two Monitor dough box end tables that need to be refinished. Any interest, contact me. JF

From Linda, 6/2/2011  3:52 PM

Bob, Grandson of Burton Tuxford

I am downsizing soon and have a Queen/King Monitor Cherry bedroom set - bed, tall bureau, long bureau, mirror and 2 night stands. I purchased them in 1979.

The head board is very unique and fragile. The first 2 head boards had a crack in the middle of the headboard. The third one has made about 13 moves and never cracked. It is an open design with 4 scroll sections and a small solid center piece. The top curves up and down which gives it it's unique shape and creates the delicate nature of the head board.

Linda

From Bob, 5/10/2011  7:03 PM

I am looking for a Monitor Furniture Highboy dresser if anyone in the midwest has one. I am in Oklahoma.

From Cindy, 3/17/2011  12:44 PM

Did anyone ever give an estimated value to the cherry/mahogany "secretary" that was made by Monitor Furniture Company?
Thanks for all the history! I used to live in Jamestown, NY for a couple of years, but was too young to be interested in furniture at that time!

From Bill, 2/28/2011  12:23 PM

reply to MARK...i would sell you whatever you want of the group...im in cove city NC...?i can be reaced at jonesfireprotection1@yahoo.com if you are interested

From anita osborne, 2/27/2011  4:01 PM

I have inherited a cherry or mahogany bedroom set. I think my mother bought it around the early l980s from Kleban Furn. Floor Covering, l64 Morningstar Road, Elm Park, S.I., NY. l0303. It has a king size headboard, triple dresser with mirror, chest & 1 night stand with drawer & doors underneath. I am going to move soon & wonder what it would be worth. It's all in good condition.

From Jay, 2/22/2011  9:32 PM

Hi all. I have a desk that appears to be cherry veneered made by the monitor furniture company. Can't find any info about this desk online. Wondering about age, style and value. It is very simple and traditional looking. I would call it petite. 8 drawers total including a wide drawer at top center and a taller drawer for paperwork on the lower right. It is perfectly rectangle on top and flat. Dimensions are 24 x 46 on the top and 30 tall. Nice simple moulding all around including a 4" baseboard all around both legs. Really nice piece. Any info would be very interesting. Thanks.   -jay

Login to Reply to this Topic