Over 141 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Twitter HyperLink RSS Feed Email Us  Login

White of Mebane Dinining Room Breakfr0nt

Posted By Colette Retif, 6/7/2006

Login to Reply to this Topic

When my mother married in 1967 she bought most of a dining room set from White of Mebane. She could not afford to buy the breakfront (china cabinet) that would have completed the set but often mentions how she wished she had. Now that the company is out of business I hoped someone might know of a warehouse somewhere where one might be stashed away, or someone just might have one for sale. I would like to find one at least similar to her set before my parents fortieth anniversary. Thanks.

Replies

From dseftel, 9/8/2013  5:48 PM

I have a White Furniture Company dining set bought by my mother in 1967- 1970ish? It is fruitwood long table 3 leaves, 8 chairs (2 with arms) upholstered, 1 side buffet on wheels with black marble inlay and china cabinet in 2 pieces with 4 doors, glass shelves and interior lighting.  like new! no scratches or dents. beautiful finish. for sale in  flower hill,manhasset, ny. on craigslist, long island for sale by owner. photos and prices there.  will sell as separates.
or call me 516-627-6906

From dseftel, 9/8/2013  5:44 PM

I have a White Furniture Company dining set bought by my mother in 1967- 1970ish? It is fruitwood long table 3 leaves, 8 chairs (2 with arms) upholstered, 1 side buffet on wheels with black marble inlay and china cabinet in 2 pieces with 4 doors, glass shelves and interior lighting.  like new! no scratches or dents. beautiful finish. for sale in  flower hill,manhasset, ny. on craigslist, long island for sale by owner. photos and prices there.  will sell as separates.
or call me 516-627-6906

From dseftel, 9/8/2013  5:43 PM

or call me 516-627-6906

From mlnemani, 8/11/2013  8:48 PM

to Colette Retif...re:  flip top server for White of Mebane SHANSI...is this still available?  is it the dark mandarin mottled finish?

From H Coulman, 12/7/2012  12:31 PM

Gail,

My name is H Coulman.  My mother in-law has the Shansi White of Mebane hutch, dining table and 8 chairs.  She has been searching years for extra chairs and or additional pieces.  Do you still have the dining set?  If so what is the best way to reach you?  Many kind regards,  Holli Coulman - Carlsbad, CA. - holli.coulman@gmail.com

From Sandra Jill, 11/21/2011  6:52 AM

We have a White of Mubane Dining Room Set.  I know it is at least 50 - 60 years old.  It is white washed french provencial, includes a table (2 leaves), 4 side chairs, 2 arms chairs, china cabinet and buffet.  It was my mother-in-law, who passed away this year, she was 93.  We are in the process of settling her estate, and would like to sell this set.  We have no idea of its worth. Can someone direct us, on how to have this appraised.  We do have pictures, upon request. 

Thank you,   Sandra Jill

From Colette Retif, 8/10/2011  10:53 AM

Hi all,
I have been desperately seeking a few extra chairs from the White Furniture Co. in Mebane, NC. The set I am looking for is the Lorainne V Dining room. My parents bought the set in the mid 80's and at the time it was too expensive for them to buy the extra chairs, now as our family is growing i see how it hurts my mother to not have the extra chairs, I would LOVE to surprise her with them! If anyone is willing to sell PLEASE PLEASE contact me. gotteis@gmail.com
Thank you so much!
Meredith

From Colette Retif, 8/2/2011  6:30 PM

I have a White of Mebane Shansi Collection dining room set.   It includes two arm chairs, 4 side chairs, a beautiful 88" long and 48" wide glass bevelled table top on two brass pedestals. The finish is mandarin, with its rich mahogany-like hues has a varied, mottled finish. I also have a flip top server to go with it. Does anyone know todays price for these pieces? I bought it in 1986 and it is in excellent condition. Also, where would I sell such a thin? I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Thanks, Gail

From Colette Retif, 7/28/2011  10:05 AM

Have White of Mebane 2 piece China/Buffet Breakfront , 6 foot wide in Fruitwood, French Provincial.
My mom purchased it new.
If interested please email me:
Ricracll@aol.com.
I am located in NE Pa, bout 2 hours out of NYC.

From Colette Retif, 7/13/2011  2:13 PM

still looking for breakfront china cabinet for dining room in White of Mebane -- Lorraine II. My dining set is a whitewash color.... want glass front china cabinet to match my table and chairs. Please send photos if you have this piece for sale. Thanks!

Login to Reply to this Topic

• advertisement
    Tupelo 2014 side furninfo
  • advertisement
    Nourison0614 vegas
  • advertisement
    dormeo0714
  • advertisement
    Technogel 0714
  • adverisement
    Tidewater 0714

• Advertisement