Over 141 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Twitter HyperLink RSS Feed Email Us  Login

BASIC WITZ VALUE

Posted By Alex, 1/16/2003

Login to Reply to this Topic

Hi Russ, I came across your info on the internet and wondered if you could tell me anything as far as values go for furniture by Basic-Witz out of Virginia. I have come across a very nice Danish modern table and chairs, but I don't know values. Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

From Guest, 7/27/2011  2:53 PM

i would like to know the value of this table is?

From Guest, 6/30/2011  2:42 PM

I have a basic-witz by Mohasco piece of furniture. I belive it my be a tall dresser peice its has realy nice big hard ware on it and alot of detail double doors and one pull out draw on the bottom its all soild wood. On the in side of the the door there is cubies and one pull out draw as well inside the draw is where I found the stamp that read Basic-Witz by Mohasco. I was just wounder if there is any thing you could tell me about the peice and what the value might be
Thank you.

From lynette, 6/9/2011  1:43 PM

I have a china buffet from my mother and getting ready to sell it on craglist for $150. Too bad-the lines of the furniture are very "retro." i have been in the furniture industry for 35 years (now retired) and never knew anything about them. Actually the look and size, design of the furniture with pewter hand holds is quite nice. All materials appear to be solids with good solid finish in a matte gloss. so much more quality than our current Chinese, Vietnames, Malaysian versions of product. LT high point, Nc

From mike nelson, 5/28/2011  12:05 PM

I have a an older Basic - Witz dining room set. It was a blond wood then stained dark Mahogny.
What is the worth and how to sell?

From Sandy, 5/26/2011  10:41 PM

I am about to purchase an antique full size headboard.
It is very elegant looking and has a stamp on the back that's round and it looks like it could say Basic-Witz.
The lady I'm getting oit from has painted the front & sides with Ralph Lauren dark silver. Does anyone have more info on this company? Would love to share the photos of this with anyone who's interested. Would also love to see your pieces.

From chuck haley, 5/2/2011  3:11 PM

Have full bedroom set,has Jl witz stamp #135,in-layed
wood with protruding designs,looks like mahogany/walnut
type finish.Has 3 piece mirror cut design,has (deleted)burgh plate $ glass 1932.Don't know value but want to sell.i

From sandra moynihan, 4/22/2011  11:00 AM

hello,I have a dining room two piece china cabnet.I would like some information about the company and I am trying to figure out what kid of value it has it was made by basic-witz.I have no idea when and do not no where to look for a serial number.could you help me out.it has two sliding glass dores for the top with three shelves and a draw with a coubord under it..the second piece to it has a draw and coubord aswell.they are a light blond color with green cloth inside the draws..if you could give me some direction as of findin a possble web page that would be helpfulle.thank you.

From Jack Woods, 4/6/2011  10:58 AM

Just rescued a chest and dresser from storage; looking to restore and use as appropriate. the Basic-witz cloth tag in one of the drawers led to my curiosity about manufacturer. Items are well made, mahogany finish on solid wood or very nice veneer, dovetailed drawers, etc Items were extremely dirty, years of grime and smoke deposits, but is cleaning up nicely.
Some nicks and scratches, but only touch up may be required. Pulls appear to be solid brass, but clean up will confirm. Impressed with the quaity, not to be found in todays furniture.   When work progresses, I'll post pictures for comments.

From Curt Allie, 3/6/2011  1:59 PM

I recently came across a pristine Basic-Witz Furniture Industries Inc.full size bedroom set with a p-- bed #5030, a 5 drawer chest #5025, and a 6 drawer dresser #5002 which includes a framed mirro #5012. It still had original paper in bottem of drawers and a company paper in the bottem showing all the products that year. It looks to be from the 40's or 50's? It states that it is the Basicanna collection that had a total of 68 correlated pieces. It only says the company was established in 1889, and has no year but looks to be pre-50's? If anybody has any info on these pieces, please write back. Thanks

From krissy, 11/13/2010  11:57 AM

In terms of value, it is only ever worth whatever someone else is willing to pay. That being said, certain more intricate pieces will fetch a higher price. For example, 2 very nice end tables were recently purchased online for 80$ (for the pair!).This is clearly not a high end brand, albeit, very nice and well-made. Most of this manufacturer's work will retail for 500$ or less.

Login to Reply to this Topic

• advertisement
    Technogel 0714
  • adverisement
    Tidewater 0714

• Advertisement
    borkholder1012
  • advertisement
    purecareenews01214

• Thomasville 110 Years
  • Adverisement
    Isuzu 0814