Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

INFO ON MONTOUR FURNITURE CO

I have several dining room pieces made by the Montour Furniture Company. I would like some info on this company. I can't seem to find anything online and no antique dealers in my area seem to know anything about it either. HELP!

Posted By Guest, 4/29/2003

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Sarah, 6/12/2011  12:13 PM

I am looking for in formation about two bedroom dressers, and help would be appreciated, please e-mail me at sarahoppelt85@gmail.com
Thank you!

From Paula, 5/13/2011  10:00 PM

No luck either on finding information. We have a unique chest that I would guess was part of a bedroom set. It's numbered 312. Love it, but no room for it now.

From Cheryl, 3/29/2011  10:15 AM

I too have a dining room set; china hutch and a long buffet table, and table with 6 chairs. On the back of the hutch there is an old sticker that states "Montour Furniture Company, Montoursville, PA, number 144." There is also a seal on it, it looks like an Indian head with arrows through both sides of the seal--on the diagonal. I would like to sell the set but have no idea of its worth.

From Jaime, 3/3/2011  8:06 PM

We have several pieces as well. Table with 6 chairs, large china hutch and a buffet. We have beeen searching for 4 years now on information. We are only about 45 minutes from the Pittsburgh area so we're going to try antique dealers there

From Susan, 2/2/2011  1:11 PM

Montour Furniture was located in Lycoming Co., PA. I also am not having luck finding company information as we have a beautiful china cabinet made by Montour Furniture co.

From jamie, 1/11/2011  2:46 AM

I also have a piece of Montour furniture. I think its a bedroom side table. numbered 323. I would love some information as well. Anyone have any luck yet?

From Troy from Delaware, 12/23/2010  8:15 AM

I also have furniture from Montour Furniture Company They are small and large buffets numbered 167 and 168. Did you recieve any information. I have checked as well. No luck!

From Laura, 5/19/2010  8:52 PM

I have six dining chairs by this company. Queen Anne style, one with arms. They are style No.100. Did you ever get an answer from anyone?

From Russell at Furniture World Magazine, 5/24/2004  12:40 PM

I can't find anything. It seems that they were not located in the Grand Rapids area and I couldn't find a listing in a 1940 directory of NY and Southeast manufacturers. Perhaps one of our readers will know more.