Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

INFO ON MOUNT AIRY MANTEL &TABLE CO.

Hi Russ, I have been trying to get some information on my dining room suite. It was made in Langley, S.C. by the Mount Airy Mantel and Table Company. I have owned it for 35 years and the person that I purchased it from said that it had been in his family for 50 years or more. It has a table and 6 chairs, china cabinet, buffet and server. I would like to find out the value of this set and how old it really is. My e-mail address is . Thank You.

Posted By Iris, 4/21/2000

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Iris, 7/28/2011  4:33 PM

Glad to see your post; sad to not see any additional information from anyone regarding this company.
I am in the process of trying to sell my mom's bedroom set. On the back of the highboy and vanity is the paper saying "Mount Airy Mantel & Table co." This set was purchased in San Francisco. There's also some stamped numbers on the back of the pieces.
Would appreciate knowing if you've found anything additional out about this manufacturer.
Thank you!

From Iris, 7/17/2011  6:10 PM

Dave, Russ and anyone else. I have my mom's old Mahogany desk - she was born in 1922 but I think the desk belonged to her mom first. There is information on the back -
mount airy mantel and table company
manufacturer of bedroom and dining room furniture
mount airy
Smith & Baker Furniture Co
Kinston, NC
I would love information on this furniture and the company. Any ideas?

From Dave, 5/7/2011  10:34 PM

I cannot tell you anything about your furniture, but I research railroads, and the Mount Airy Mantel and Table Company existed in Mount Airy, North Carolina at least into the 30's. I have a photo of it. I also have Sanborn Insurance Maps locating that company in the same place in 1900's.   It may have been absorbed into the Mount Airy/National Furniture Company, which was acquired by Bassett in the 80's. Hope this info may help you.

From Russell at Furniture World Magazine, 7/8/2004  11:43 AM

I've attached some general information about the value of older furniture and posted your inquiry in case one of our readers knows more about this manufacturer.